Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nothing But Good News

We saw our perinatal doc on Tuesday, and then I saw my regular OB GYN just yesterday. Overall, we've got nothing to share but good news:

1) I've gained only 11 pounds thus far and my doctors are very pleased with this (and I have zero stretch marks thus far -Knock on wood!)
2) My last blood test for anemia was negative; my iron levels are perfect
3) My gestational diabetes test also came back negative; my sugars are perfect
4) Our baby sweet potato girl managed to gain over a pound since Nov. 24th
5) She now weighs a respectable 3 lbs plus one ounce
6) She's approaching 15 inches in length
7) Tuesday's sonogram also revealed she has A LOT of hair already
8) She's now positioned in such a way that she can (and does) kick the underside of my left ribcage 24/7
9) If anything is to go wrong with her kidneys, heart or nervous system, it would show by now... but everything looks great, no problems.
10) My perinatal doc suspects our wee one now has a strong chance of going to full term!

We were also given a recording of Tuesday's sonogram - - the office burned a DVD of the whole thing, which begins with a big baby yawn!?! Very cool. I hope to soon post a couple stills from that sonogram once I scan them.

Over the next 6 weeks, I'll be seeing my OB every 2 weeks. Thereafter, I'll see my OB every week until delivery. As for my perinatal doc, I'll see him again, early the first week of February, and 4 weeks from then, I'll see him again and every week thereafter until delivery. I can't believe we have only 66 days until she's due?!?

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I couldn't be more happy for you!!!
I got your cute baby shower invitation. I wish I could be there :(

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of confession you take to your grave Angeline! LOL!, j/k.

-Kashmir

Surinn said...

angie! :")