Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Songs from my Head - the running tally

Although this post is dated December 31, 2014, this list was first published sometime in 2005. I intend to update it with each and every song of note that gets stuck in my head over time... 


..."Sunspots" by Bob Mould...
..."Do You Want to Touch" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts...

..."We Are Young" by Run (I don't know how this happened)...
..."Wise Up" by Aimee Mann...
..."Dashboard" by Modest Mouse...
..."Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab for Cutie...
..."She Sells Sanctuary" by The Cult...
..."Within Your Reach" by the Replacements...
..."Smackwater Jack" by Carole King... 

..."Wise Up" by Aimee Mann...
..."Moon, Moon, Moon" sung by Laurie Berkner...
..."Everlasting Everything" by Wilco...
..."Crossfire" by Brandon Flowers...
..."Shake Your Groove Thing" by Peaches & Herb...

..."The Underdog" by Spoon...
..."Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child (and how the hell did this happen, you ask? Listening to the Top 00's on Yahoo)...
..."Tick Tock" by Ke$ha (I'm so ashamed - I do NOT know how the hell this happened)...  

..."Don't Stop Believing" by Journey...
..."Jerk It Out" by the Caesars...

..."Hey There Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra... 

 ...Anything from Kings of Leon...
..."Poker Face" by Lady GaGa (can't get it out of my head!)...
..."Good Day Sunshine" by The Beatles...
..."Rock with You" by The King of Pop...
..."Don't Stop the Music" by Rhianna (freakin' infectious song!)...
..."Puff the Magic Dragon" sung by Peter, Paul & Mary...  

..."Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" sung by Nicole Kidman from Moulin Rouge...
..."The Dynamo of Volition" by Jason Mraz...
..."Bushfire" by the B52s... 

 ..."Jolene" by Ray Lamontagne...
..."Boogie on Reggae Woman" by Stevie Wonder...
..."You and I Both" by Jason Mraz...
..."Accidentally Kelly Street" by Frente...
..."Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse...
..."Spiralling" by Keane...
...You're the One That I Want" from the movie, Grease...
..."Life Less Ordinary" by Carbon Leaf...
..."Diablo Rojo" by Rodrigo y Gabriela...
 

..."Breathe Me" by Sia...  
..."I Grieve" by Peter Gabriel...
..."This Is Our Life" by Mary Beth Maziarz -- put on my iPod by my honey-man... 

 ..."Trapped in the Drive Thru" by Weird Al Yankovic...
..."White & Nerdy" by Weird Al Yankovic...

..."Something" by The Beatles...
..."Witchcraft" by Frank Sinatra...
..."Concrete & Clay" by Unit 4+2 (from the Rushmore Sndtrck)...
 

..."Cherry, Cherry" by Neil Diamond (oh yes!)...  
..."Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...
..."I Need a Hero" by Frou Frou (a cover of the song from Footloose!)...
..."Your Hand in Mine" from Explosions in the Sky...
..."Girls And Boys" from Blur...
 

..."Give It Up" Kylie Minogue...
 ..."An Honest Mistake" by The Bravery...
..."Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction...
..."Thank You" by Angie Mattson, because my honey-man is so good to me...
..."Penny Lane" by The Beatles...
..."No One" by Alicia Keys (I do not know how this happened)...
..."Wake Up" by Arcade Fire (I listened to this album on repeat for several days in Keystone)...
 

..."Money" by Jesca Hoop (I've been whistling it for 2 days now)... 
 ..."Here (In Your Arms)" by Hellogoodbye...
..."Everything Comes Down to Poo" from Scrubs...
..."I Feel Fine" by The Beatles...
..."Hush" by Deep Purple...
..."This Fire" by Ferry Corsten...
..."Into the Dark" by Ferry Corsten (it's all Daly's fault!)...
...Never My Love" by The Association...
... "Promises" by India Arie ...
... "Baby, I Love You" by Aretha Franklin (from our Wedding Luncheon) ...
... "Simple Gifts" by Yo Yo Ma with Alison Krauss (from our Wedding)...
..."Dance Me to the End of Love" by Madeleine Peyroux (from our Wedding Luncheon)...
..."White Wedding" from the Billy Idol...
..."Loathing" from the 'Wicked' Broadway Soundtrack...
..."Xanadu" with Olivia Newton John (I need help)...
..."Defying Gravity" from the 'Wicked' Broadway Soundtrack...
..."An Honest Mistake" by The Bravery (over and over again)...
..."Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn & John (Needless to say, I'm whistling a lot)...
..."No Brakes" by The Bravery (Reminds me of an old boyfriend, although this song is from 2005. Funny how strong old associations can be, springing up anywhere.)...
..."Fire" by Ferry Corsten...
..."Fergalicious" by Fergie (HELP. ME. PLEASE.)...
..."Burn for You" by Kreo' (this one is a common repeat)...
..."Everything She Wants" by WHAM! (oh yes!)...
..."Day Tripper" by The Beatles...
..."Southern Man" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (I am my father's daughter)... 

 ..."Six Minutes" by Boy Kill Boy (it's one of their most annoying songs, but I LOVE it!?!)...
..."Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve (gunna be stuck whistling the strings for the rest of this week, I'm sure)...

..."Smile" by Lily Allen...
..."The Cool, Cool River" by Paul Simon...
..."Death on Two Legs" by Queen (how did this happen?)... 

 ..."A la Bahia" by SiSe (on repeat)...  
..."Obvious Child" by Paul Simon (I can still remember this drums session like yesterday! = goosebumps!)...
..."Burn for You" by Kreo (got a club party goin' in mah office!)...
..."This Is It (Your Soul)" by Hothouse Flowers (some MAAAYJERR H.S. flashbacks goin' on here!)... 

 ..."Feels Just Like It Should" by Jamiroquai (lots of quirky head jerkin' goin' on here)...  
..."Rabbit Pushing Mover" (what that means, I dunno!) by Toy... 
..."Hard Headed Woman" by Cat Stevens... 
..."Lovely 2 C U" by Goldfrapp... ..."Invincible" by Ok Go...
..."I AM THE WALRUS" by The Beatles, of course... 

 ..."Morning Yearning" by Ben Harper...  
..."Powerless" by Nelly Furtado...  
..."I Gotta Know" by Nikka Costa... 
 ..."American Pie" by Don McLean... 
 ..."(Everybody's Waiting for) The Man With the Bag" sung by Kay Star... 
..."Baby, It's Cold Outside" sung by Dean Martin...  
..."Belief" by John Mayer... 
..."Gravity" by John Mayer... 
..."Listen Up!" (AGAIN!) by The Gossip...   
..."What Sarah Said" by Death Cab For Cutie... 
..."Bang" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...  
..."Do What You Want" by Ok Go (of course)...  
..."No Cheap Thrill" by Suzanne Vega... 
..."Over and Over Again (Lost and Found)" by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (odd vocal approach, I admit, but to me, the music is infectious)... 
..."Heal Over" by K.T. Tunstall (over and over and over again)...  
..."A Million Ways" mixed with some "Here It Goes Again" - both by Ok Go...I'm lovin' em... I dreamt in Ok Go last night!?!... 
..."Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest... I've never had this happen before. Dammit, JACK FM!...  
..."Pretty Little Thing" by The Fink... 
..."Listen Up!" by The Gossip...  
..."Les Filles A Canon" by Jean Leloup... 
..."Some Title in French" by Jean something-that-means-The Wolf-in-french... 
..."Creep" by Radiohead, of course...  
..."Butterfly" by Crazy Town...This song is addictive...  
..."Footloose" by Kenny Loggins... Later on, "I Need a Hero" played over a restaurant intercom and I was in heaven!... ..."Girl and the Sea" by The Presets... 
 ...A most guilty confession: Not only do I have track #10 of 'that' Ace of Base album stuck in my head - - I actually OWN the CD...  
...Still runnin' on "Suzie" by Boy Kill Boy (soooo LOVE the BRIT POP!)...  
..."Displaced" by Azure Ray... 
..."Suzie" by Boy Kill Boy (I'm a total sucker for Brit Rock/Pop!)...  
..."Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai (under the influence of SYTYCD!)...  
..."Don't Panic" by Cold Play...  
..."People are People" by Depeche Mode...  
..."Layla" by Eric Clapton...  
..."Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles...  
..."New Slang" by The Shins...  
..."Ready, Steady, Go" by Paul Oakenfold...  
..."Heartbeat" by Annie...  
..."Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent (God help me)...  
..."And She Was" by Talking Heads...  
..."A Sorta Fairytale" by Tori Amos... 
 ..."Fast Love" by George Michael... 
..."Tainted Love" by Soft Cell... 
...Nikka Costa's "Everybody Got Their Something"...I can SOOOO listen to this song over and OVER and over (you get the idea?)... ...Interpol's "Evil"...  
..."Toxic" by Britney Spears...Yes, I confess - I love this song AND I know ALL THE FREAKIN' WORDS - oh help me. There's no hope... 
 ..."Ooh La La" by Goldfrapp... 
 ..."Destination Unknown" by the Missing Persons (When this one gets stuck in my head, it's there for DAYS!!)... 
..."Daydream Believer" by the Monkeys (Nope, no shame at all, I tell ya!)... 
 ..."Truth" by the Dixie Chicks!...  
..."Rich Girl" by Gwen Stefani... FUNNY NOTE: My honey-man overhead me whistling this and thought I was rockin' it to a tune from Fiddler on the Roof! ~there's the 10-year age difference making itself known...  
..."Don't Bring Me Down" by ELO... 
 ..."New Beginning" by Tracy Chapman...  
..."Vanilla Sky" by Paul McCartney...  
..."Dream On" by Depeche Mode... 
 ..."Bigmouth Strikes Again" by The Smiths... 
 ..."Goody Two Shoes" by Adam Ant... 
 ..."Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab for Cutie... 
 ..."Starry Eyed Surprise" by Paul Oakenfold...  
..."Parklife" by Blur...  
..."Your Kiss is on My List" by Daryl Hall & John Oates (yes, I am a nerd and I have no shame)... 
 ..."Goodnight and Go" by Imogen Heap... 
 ..."Let Go" by Frou Frou... 
 ..."Tangerine" by Led Zeppelin... 
 ..."Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders...

No comments: