Thursday, January 22, 2009

Contraction Begins... and R-E-L-A-X

We had our second Lamaze class tonight. Among a number of things, we learned a new breathing technique and several new relaxation body positions... The last relaxation position we were taught, we were asked to stand facing our partner, toes eight inches away from the other's. The momma is to lean toward her partner, legs remaining straight, both arms slung around her partner's neck, placing her right check resting on her partner's right shoulder. The partner should then be able to reach around the momma to help the momma sway her hips gently back and forth, and to rub the momma's lower back, while the momma begins with a 'cleansing breath,' followed by 'paced breathing,' aiming to help relax the momma's back during contractions.

Soooo, we were practicing this back relaxing position and when it was time to stop, I stood back, upright, smiling drowsily at my honey-man, and then I leaned in to give him a kiss on his neck, and as I moved back, away from him again, I noticed something... and with shock and awe in my voice, I spoke of my realization aloud: "I drooled on you!?!"

Three neighboring mommas and a couple hubbies within earshot were quite impressed! I guess I was really relaxed.

No comments: