Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Final Resignation

I began writing this post on June 12th, but couldn't finish it at the time... It had been sitting around as a draft until now.
=======================================

The weekend of June 10th, my honey-man and I had a very serious, much needed convo... The matter of discussion: What's our deadline for my moving to California, if and when I haven't yet scored a job?
4 months? 5 months? A year? How long do we wait? At very first, the thought of determining an answer for this question was upsetting alone... My primary resistance to moving to L.A. before securing a job is this: I am terrified to live without health benefits. TERRIFIED -- Not having coverage; it's just not something I do. I could say more on this, but I won't. Leave it at that. I'm terrified.

So anyhow, establishing a deadline... If it takes me longer than 3 months to get a job, something just ain't working, ya know? The L.A. job market ain't exactly booming right now, and the competition is high. Not being in L.A., searching from Vegas, it's proving itself to be rather difficult effort.

Today (June 12th at the time), I went to see my boss, to tell him that unless I score a job sooner than later, my last day will be August 31st. He understood our reasoning, and some rhetorical questions were posed as to how well I'll adjust to life in L.A., but before walking out his office, I said, more for me than him, "With change, good things can come." And then, turning from his office doorway, out into the hallway, I promptly burst into tears.

And once I was back in my office, like clockwork, my honey-man called to check in = my primary reason to move to L.A. ~ ~ And then, to follow-up, my sweet friend, Ryan showed up outside my office door = one of the many reasons that it's so hard to leave Vegas.

Man, change can really exacerbate insecurity -
For weeks now, I've been swimming in it - Insecurity, that is. It's totally kickin' my ass!

"Good things can come from change"... (repeat to self, over and over).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this will work out for you..

Unknown said...

Is it insecurity or uncertainty?

Sweetie... it will all be ok. This is just an icky puddle of goo that you have to walk through to get to the other side of the fabulous road your on!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Hugs!

Effie said...

Hey Girl--GOOD things--REALLY good things can come from change!

You CAN do this!


We're here for ya and SO is your Honey-man--that's the important one, right?

~Good job-finding-good-feeling-everything-going-well vibes sent your way!~

Sea_creature said...

Change is good, I couldn't agree more. Too bad I'm still so afraid of it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny how similar a situation I am finding myself in as of late. You know, minus the whole engaged part. ;) The anxiety keeps me up at night and gives me stomach the awesome gurgle noises all day long. I know you will do what's best, and make the best of everything, and on top of that, you will succeed and grow. (Forgive me for sounding like a cheesy greeting card just then...) :)

If you ever want to chat, drop me a line. Big, fatty, moving smooches to you, babe. :)