Friday, June 16, 2006

Let's Fold Sockies!

We have various pictures like this here: Socks and undies laid out for matching and folding, with Otis, smack in front of my honey-man, in the midst of his folding efforts, settled right in there.
Oattie loves to fold socks.

I like doing the laundry just fine - the pre-wash sorting of colors, textures and materials; the pre-treating of stains and checking of pockets; perfectly timing the transfer of laundry loads from washer to dryer; removing the delicates to be either hung or laid out, allll without complaint, BUHT (and I gots me a big butt) I HATE FOLDING! Well, no - I can do folding and I do it well, but I guess I have a hard time putting it all away once it's all folded. It can sit for days. Yeah, I don't like putting it all away. Well, no - that's not quite it either... Nevermind. However, my honey-man is a wonderful, most devoted folder and put-away-er of clean laundry, and I really appreciate and adore this aspect of who he is. To be more honest, I LOVE IT! So does Otis.

Yes, I'm one of those rare, lucky women in the world: My honey-man WILLINGLY folds laundry and does so, meticulously. Sure, he lacks the kind of sorting skills I'd prefer, when it comes to prepping the dirty laundry for wash, but I got that covered.
The more important point to focus upon:
I have landed me a man who will fold the laundry!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

An unusually skilled man indeed..

Jomama said...

I need me one of those because I am exactly like you. I don't mind the sorting and the washing, but I HATE folding clothes and hate putting them away even more. I actually have piles of clean clothes everywhere right now for that very reason.

word verif: cuzmpca
That's gotta mean something.

Elizabeth said...

Well, God bless him - he is a rare breed.

Amy said...

You are one lucky bizzatch, Annejelynn.
I HATE putting laundry away. I can fold till the cows come home.

Unknown said...

WOOO! He's a keeper! :)

Thanks for the smiles today. :)

Effie said...

DEFINITELY a keeper! I don't mind folding the laundry too much, so long as there are no hornets or wasps hiding in the middle of the sheets from the clothesline when you're folding them! What I hate (with a capital H) is IRONING! I don't know why, exactly, but I do!

Daly said...

Otis looks like he socked some laundry into his stomach too! So that's how he was helping out. I gotta teach Winnie to do that. She's gettin' way too skinny eating them cat food!