Monday, June 26, 2006

Me No Carry Cash

People, here is proof as to what I mean when I say that I don't carry any cash.

I was at Target this weekend with my friend Poppy, establishing my Bridal Shower registry (so, so, SOOOO fun to zap stuff with the scanner!!! WOO-HOO!). She had to pick up some things while we were there, and I remembered that I needed to buy only ONE THING - a package of toiletpaper. That's it - nothing more.
And I paid for it with my credit card!!!
That's right -I didn't even have TWO LOUSY BUCKS on me to buy TOILETPAPER!?!

See, I only ever take out any cash for a very specific purchase/event - Otherwise, I'll either 1) most likely lose/misplace it, or 2) spend it on something I didn't need.
I am so NOT the one to ever split your $20 for you, nor could I spotcha a buck for the vending machine at work. And whenever approached by anyone homeless, I literally don't have "any change" to give - - so I never have to lie about it.

IMPORTANT TANGENT: Speaking of giving $$$ to the homeless... I've worked for a few charities involving the homeless and the #1 rule is this: Go online to research local charities in your area, make some calls and pick a non-profit of your choice to which you can donate, if you really want to help. NEVER GIVE CASH TO THE HOMELESS! Your only assurance that it will be used wisely is to donate, or better yet, volunteer your time!
THANK YOU!

No comments: