Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Want My MTV

You may or may not have noticed, but in the side margin on the right, I have a lil' "Song in My Head" spot, featuring the current song I've got stuck in my head, including a link to a list of the other songs I've had stuck in my head (at least the few songs that have been noted thus far)... So tonight, on the way home from a get together with some dear friends, "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits came on the radio, and immediately I thought, "This one is soooo gunna get stuck in my head - I love its Intro and chorus - This will be my next 'Song in My Head' song."

I've been listening to that song since it first hit the radio waves, early mid-80s I think? Although I was only 9 or 10 years old at the time, I had loved it. This time though, I realllllly listened to the lyrics from beginning to end, and honestly, I was a little stunned to realize I had NEVER really heard them before. Kind of like the time I first ever really listened to all the lyrics for "Grease Lightening" from the movie Grease. Anyhow, in "Money for Nothing," the use of "faggot" - ?!? The REPEATED use of the word "faggot" - ?

Sadly, I don't like that song anymore.

p.s. I still love "Grease Lightening"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quickest way to ruin a song is to listen to the lyrics closely. Some things in life are better left unknown..

Unknown said...

Go Greased Lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile...

Hugs to you, darlin!

Happy Thursday!

Effie said...

I have the Grease soundtrack on CD and listen to it, not infrequently...

Hugs to you! How are the wedding plans coming? Anything as far as a date yet?

Elizabeth said...

How on earth did I never her the faggot deal in that song. How gross.