Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ga ga ga GRANT Time!

I was just given word that a particular grant related to my MPA topic was not only approved, but AWARDED, and the money is already comin' in - !?!

What does this mean? I'll be getting paid part-time to do survey-based research with this grant. I'll get to do some traveling! I'll be paid for it! Not only will it provide excellent grant experience, the money will help ease my transition in L.A., so that if I don't find a job by August 31st, I'll still be makin' enough moolah to pay for all my necessities/bills.

Did you hear that everyone?
It was a HUGE body-heaving, sob-racked sigh of relief.

You all have NO IDEA how much I've been stressing in the last 3 weeks - well, my honey-man does. Poor man. I'm so sorry baby for behaving like a neurotic spaz!

How serendipitous is this, right? RIGHT!?!? Somebody give me a trampoline! I'm ready to flip!

6 comments:

Effie said...

Here ya go Annej-jump away!!! I wanna see a double-back flip!

Congratulations girl! Such wonderful news!

Cat said...

Congrats!

And kudos on the mad awesome use of the word "serendipitous."

Anonymous said...

Woohoo..

Closet Metro said...

congratulations!

Daly said...

I just gotta say CONGRATULATIONS!! That is great news and I'm doing backflips (in my head) for you too!!

Elizabeth said...

That's fantastic girl. I am really glad for you.