Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fiance'd

Last weekend was grrreat, indeed. Garrison Keillor and his star studded crew were wonderful - Meryl Streep is soooo versatile! And damn, she can be cute! And the 'Bowl' - ? I had NO IDEA the Hollywood Bowl was so freakin' huge?!? HUUUUGE! Aside from that (IT IS SO HUGE!), throughout the show, certainly at it's very start, I found myself vehclempted. Tears ran down my face. It was funny - I hadn't realized how much the show would flood me (more like drown me) with memories of my mum. I found myself thrown back to my childhood, while my honey-man remembered different days, listening to Garrison Keillor broadcasts with his former spouse, Wendy (REMEMBER: My honey-man and I have got a 10 year age difference between us). For us both, the event was ladden with nostalgia -and we found that we both felt a little sad- yet it was a new experience and it marked the beginnining of something significantly different. For me, although I'm not exactly there yet, the event marked the beginning of my time living in Los Angeles.

Another thing to mention: This past weekend, one thing that was notably different from all previous weekends... I was introduced by my honey-man as his fiance, well, cuz I am his fiance, but man! It threw me for a loop! I'm fiance'd! (giggling ensues) ~

Which brings me to the PRIMARY reason I'm writing right now [other than the fact that I'm still up and I can't go to bed until my Amish Friendship 'CAKE' (it is SOOOO NOT bread!) is outta the oven - - Tomorrow AM, you better be grateful, Kashmir! It's for YOU!]:

I wanna shout out a BIG HEARTFELT THANK YOU to everyone who's been so enthusiastic, hearing the news of our engagement! It is so sweet to feel so much support and enthusiasm. It's absolutely wonderful! ~ Hugs galore for all! WOO-HOO!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Blogger was being stubborn earlier so I could not comment.

I am glad you are so happy. You so deserve it. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's great you are fiance'd. It will be even cooler when you are wife'd.
Glad you had a good time..

Effie said...

can I have some cake too? Hmm? just joking! ;)

Oh--and 10 years difference is nothing--don't worry--there's 11 years between me and my hubby and we've been married for 7 years and goin' strong!

Sea_creature said...

THERE...I am posting a comment here because I finally CAN!!! Happy fiance'd! I am very happy for you, darlin'! And that ring is gorgeous. Tell your honey-man he has fabulous taste. Enjoy the great times and your new living situation, too!

Amy said...

You just made up a new word, like dooced, 'fiance'd'. Cute.