Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Charred Croissant

While in Montreal, we enjoyed delicious, buttery croissants, warm from the oven. Sunday, we thought we'd try to recreate the experience. Soooo, we popped these two in my trusty toaster oven, using the "Toast" setting (my 1st time):
Click on the image for a larger view, if you dare.
The timer was set and everything?!? Poor, poor, TOTALLY HUGE and TOTALLY BURNT, now-like-charcoal croissants! yah, reeeal yummy. The mottled food item beneath them is a left-over berry pancake from Saturday AM.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.

Effie said...

Oh man! That'll help "move" things along in the digestive tract at least.... Yikes!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

When I was in Montreal last (now this was a while ago!), they gave us a cup of hot chocolate for breakfast--and it was real chocolate! With the croissants and fresh fruit, it was the perfect breakfast!

Torrie said...

Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

My mouth salivated after reading the first sentence...and dropped open after I scrolled down to look at the pic!! Darn.

Ern said...

I've never heard of a spam blog, just spammers that hit blog comments. :P

BTW, I hate to admit it, but my first thought when I glanced at that photo was, "OMG, WHAT HAPPENED TO BARRY AND LEVON!?" (Amanda B's squirrels)

I'm so glad it is only croissants