Monday, August 29, 2005

Stuff Portrait, er, Monday!?!

Alright, alright...so I'm way late. I know, but I wanted to play!
So, with that...

The Neighborhood eyesore - more than a mile down the road from my place, there's an older housing development. In Vegas, "older" could mean 20 years old or younger. Anyhow, the entrance has two development signs on either side and both are in terrible shape. I've been wondering if they're just waiting for them to fall apart completely - ? Must not be too concerned about maintaining much appeal for landing new home owners. It's real odd, I think, for a decent area to neglect the entry like this.


Interesting Neighborhood sign - Everyday, I drive past this lil' "Buggy Bath" car wash depot on my way to work. Each week, a new inspirational/food for thought message is posted on the business sign. Me being into quotes, I absolutely love this! -and I love it that the owners think to do this, instead of promoting some business slogan.


Picture(s) Taken in Secret - Technically, I have a lot of "taken in secret" shots, if one considers all the "napping kitty" pics I have... although, I'm almost sure that most of those "napping kitty" pics were not truly taken in secret; I was merely being ignored!
These lil' buggers sense everything, I tell ya! The other day, Owen started going absolutely NUTSO at the base of the coat closet, near the front entry. I came over to open the closet door for him, and he immediately dove into its back corner and emerged seconds later with a big spider between his teeth! yes, how lovely - such a useful lil' guy too, isn't he? Owen, the Fierce bug killer. Otis is equally fascinated by bugs - but he's my lil' lounging lover boy, not nearly as active as his lil' bro-bro.

3 comments:

Ern said...

My cat actually sleeps so soundly that you can startle him. It's hilarious (and cruel, I know). Maybe he would catch bugs if his eyes were less cross-eyed!

Cuuuuute kitty pictures!

Elizabeth said...

I love the kitty pics. So very cute. :)

Amy said...

Neat sign! We have one like that at a nearby garage, and I get annoyed when they don't change it often enough!
Love the kitty paw. So. Sweet.