Saturday, August 13, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday! - a tad late is all...

Once again, thanks to and according to Kristine...

#1 - my ride:
This is my trusty lil' Echo - 43 mpg on the highway, thank you very much = kiss ass ride! The "STAYPFT" is NOT for "Stay Fit" or "Stay Phat", nor is it for "Stay Perfect" (that one soo-so-so000 totally freaks me out! - that's awful!!!). It's short for "Stay Puft," as in the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man... ya know, the big and bubble-like, poofy, white marshmallow man? more commonly recognized in today's age from the movie Ghostbusters? Yeah. That's my car. The lil' happy buddha with the moon medallion hangs from my rearview mirror - just a bonus pic cuz I like it so much. Happens to be from my ex-husband though - that's not at all why I like it nor why I keep it still. I just like it. My father's last visit to Vegas, he asked where it came from and I told him I didn't want to tell him (although - of course - I did), because I didn't want him reading into it at all. Who knows if he believed me... he thinks I'm a quirky thing. Anyhow, I like it cuz it's cool - ain't it cool lookin'?

#2 - a mile away: Man, what to show here? Hmmm...may have to deal with this one later, since I got nuthin' on this right now! Postponed until, um, later.

#3 - as titled below: I may have mentioned this, but maybe I haven't. I do not really like Las Vegas. In many, many ways, I really hate Vegas, yet I tolerate it because I'm here. And I know I've mentioned this one already, but this is the longest I've lived in any one city in my life - 6 years come Labor Day. This fact is not to be confused with love or even a liking of Vegas... but if there was any one reason (several really, in this case) why I love where I live? it would have to be the people I've met and grown to value - to love - here in Las Vegas. People I learn from, spend time with, people who make my life -here in this hot dusty hell hole- truly enjoyable.


No, apparently I could not wait to post this until I got back from Montreal...
yes, apparently I'm nuts; delieriously tired, is what I am.

9 comments:

Random and Odd said...

Yay...I love that car!! I miss having a car!!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie, what that marshmallow needs is some FLAMES... ;)

Spurious Nurse said...

Aren't Echo's the best? We have one too, but it's phantom gray, and is named Spooky. Get it? Phantom? Spooky?

Yeah. I'm a nerd.

Elizabeth said...

How cute your little car is.

Effie said...

The Staypuft marshmallow man--I loved Ghostbusters! Egon was fun--so nerdy...and Slimer too!

Danielle said...

Your car is sooo cute!

Cat said...

DUDE. I so LOVE that your car is a memorial to the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. I REALLY DO! I mean, that is, like, one of THE best scenes in Ghostbusters, I tell you what. And that's saying a lot!

RAY: "I tried to think of the most harmless thing! Something I loved from my childhood!..."

VENKMAN: "Nice thinking, Ray."

Good flick, yo?

Anonymous said...

Awe, thanks Annejelynn!!

Effie said...

âllo Annejelynn--Comment ca va? Bien?
Are you back yet? How was your trip?