Friday, August 12, 2005

Off to Fake mah French

Alrighty - First of all, I so wanted to participate in today's SPF (that's Self-Portrait Friday), but I'm seriously crunched for time. I'm finishing (supposed to be) a final paper for my last summer class, which ends at 4pm tomorrow (yes, on a class on Saturday - and dammit, I hate Saturday classes... I think I may have mentioned this on my blog, oh, about SEVERAL times, having been plagued with Saturday classes since January).

More importantly, I'm leaving for Montreal tomorrow evening (wooo-hoo!) and I'll be gone until the 21st. I have no clue as to how I may or may not have access to the internet - but I think I'll purty preoccupied, even if I'll may be sitting around completely clueless most of my time... I've been forewarned that my honey-man's family will try very hard to speak English the 1st 24 hrs after I met them, reverting to French later on for the rest of our stay. I don't much more than a few key phrases in french - I'm already sure that my primary phrase for this trip will be the following: Now, I don't know how to spell/write it in french, but it means, "I don't understand."

See ya/read ya'll later! adieu! (sp?!?) mmwah!

2 comments:

Ern said...

Yeah, good luck with that! You can see how much your honey-man loves you by how good he is about keeping you keyed into the conversation!

Effie said...

Je ne sais pas! means "I do not know"
Je ne comprend pas means "I don't understand"
and
Ou est la salle de bains? means "where's the bathroom?"

I think that's the most important one of all! I hope you enjoy Montréal--A bientot!
(can you tell that French is a mandatory course at school? I loved it though....not quite bilingual, but I can read it fluently and make my way around a French speaking country! I'm learning German too--and American Sign Language--languages are fun!)