Thursday, August 11, 2005

Self-Portrait Day! - Meet "Cousin It"

This one is for my not so lil' brother.
(he's 6 ft. 6" tall, 16 and adorable)
Some background info:
Memorial Day 2004, I went with my immediate family to Disneyland -yes, over the Memorial Day holiday weekend. yes, I thought the idea was certifiably insane... HOWEVER, we had ourselves a strategy for stress-free Disneyland success!

It was JUHHHST fine, really! We went on Friday before the swarms had arrived. Our 2nd day was Sunday, when the swarms were leaving. Plus, we stayed at the California Hotel Resort, just inside the California part of the park; perfect for post-Grizzly River Run drenchings... we'd finish the ride and saunter right over to our hotel for a swim or a quick dress change. Anyhow, our longest wait in line was for Indiana Jones with a "Fast Pass" - about 30 minutes is all. 2nd longest wait time in line was 25 minutes for California Screamin' (by the way, we road that thing over and over and over again, usually only a 10-15 minute wait).

So - - our first "long wait" for Screamin,' my brother (15 at the time) says to me, "Oh, do your Cousin It" - I used to do this when he was a lil' pee-wee toddler and he would laugh loud enough to wake the dead. So, picture it: in the middle of the line, without thinking, I went for it and then, while blinded by my hair, I heard not only my brother laughing, but many unidentified giggles and great laughter errupting from all around me. For some bizarre reason, it hadn't first occured to me that I would have an audience, as I was surrounded by oh, a few hundred people all waiting in the same line?

7 comments:

Ern said...

Too funny! People watching in amusement park lines is always hysterical!

Carie said...

lol cute story, when we went last year we got to ride it over and over without getting off lol there was no lines anywhere, so we are going the same days this year in September...when school starts for everyone lol

john boy said...

Cute story.

I just went to Disneyland last week but California Screamin' was closed :(

A quick waiting in line story. While in line for the Matterhorn, a large woman probably in her early twenties noticed some very small mice living in the bushes that ran near the line. She freaked!! She was screaming "Daddy" and literally jumping on this poor old man's back that she clearly outwighed. She was completely distraught for the next 30 minutes while we waited in line. She seemed completely unaware that 100 people were looking at here like she was insane! My suggestion that it was Mickey did not seem to soothe her ;)

Anonymous said...

Back in high school, my friends and I would joke about entertaining people in line at Target. We were just doing stupid teenager stuff, and occasionally we'd see the people around us start to smirk. We didn't care--we were having fun.

Torrie said...

Your hair is purdy.

Katy Barzedor said...

I have trouble makin' my hair NOT do this!

Unknown said...

Darlin, you have beautiful hair, you really do.

A funny story! Hee, I probably would have done the same thing.

And mrtl, don't worry, it took me a minute to realize this isn't the back of Annejelynn's head, too.

Yup, that's some right purdy hair.