Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cruisin' Hopper

These pics were actually taken last week, while, um, I was driving to work - when leaving my complex, I noticed this lil' dude on my windshield wiper and I thought, "whoa, he ain't gunna make it there for long." He made it to the highway and all the way through the airport tunnel...

...and all the way to my place of work! Twice he nearly lost his grip, barely hanging on with his forelegs. I even caught myself slowing down for him at one point when he caught a sidewind up the butt, causing his wings to flare over his head. I kept thinking he was gunna lose it. The last shot was taken when I had finally parked my car.

6 comments:

Closet Metro said...

You sure he wasn't cooked on there by the Nevada sun?

Ern said...

He's a pretty little golden boy!

Elizabeth said...

I was thinking the same thing, Metro. I bet his little feet have melted onto your windshield wiper. Hence the no movement.

Amy said...

No bloody wonder he can hang on, that is the biggest fucking grasshopper I have ever seen. He probably weighs three pounds.

Random and Odd said...

THat is so awesome!!

Dang Cold.. said...

That thing is bloody huge!!

dc