Friday, July 22, 2005

SPF ~ Mah Specialty, Fave Appliance n' Always in Stock

#1 Specialty Dinner: um, I don't actually consider Amish Friendship CAKE (it is sooo not "bread," thank you very much!) my "specialty" dinner. However, right after class last night, I made this bundt shown below. Since I just didn't have any yummy, homemade baked mac n' cheese on hand at the time though, this is whatcha get; a specialty of mine in itself.

#2 My Favorite Appliance: Since I couldn't possibly pick which of my 4 wood sanders is my favorite, as each plays an essential role in furniture refinishing, NOR could I choose between my power drill or my staple gun, I thought I'd resort to a favorite kitchen appliance - much, much easier. I'd say it's a tie between my electric griddle and my toaster oven. The griddle isn't as practical though, nor is it as attractive as my toaster oven... So, here's my RED toaster oven. If anyone had ever told me several years ago, back in my twenties (hee hee), that I'd someday fall in love with a toaster oven? I would have doubled over laughing, honestly. When I was getting married, my Grams told me she wanted to give us some new fandangled toaster oven, and I told her NO WAY; "It will never be used," I had told her. I think we were given camping equipment instead, tah my delight. Yet a couple years ago, a friend gave me her old, well used, yet fully functional toaster oven, and upon its first use, I was converted! Why is it such a wonderful appliance? Well, for instance, living in Vegas, it's important to avoid super heating your kitchen/home by any use of a conventional oven... all baking, broiling, etc. is put on full hiatus during the summer months. Howevah, the oh-so glorious invention that is the toaster oven allows me to broil a single piece of salmon without broiling us all.


#3 Food I always have in stock:
There are a few staples I always have on hand. Coincidentally, all I had to do was open the fridge and take this shot seen here, as is: light yogurt, part-skim mozzarella string cheese, Italian dressing, and tofu. Other regular items not shown here: Trader's P.B., granny smith apples and celery. I always have celery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still haven't gotten around to finding someone with amish freindship cake/bread to give me. It's pretty hard to find it here in australia. Someone send me some!