Friday, July 29, 2005

SPF ~ Le Boudoir ~ Zzzz, Jammies Stashed 'HERE' and My Favoritest Pjs

I have no idea yet the order in which these photos will be shown once I post... Repeat to self: "No, really! I love Blogger! It's Free! It's fabulous! Photo upload is a piece of cake! I love Blogger."

#1 My bed: see the shot with the small, light green, embroidered satin throw pillows? (yeah, I know you cannot tell such details from this shot...) and quilted shams? This is how my bed would look if and whenever I actually make it (by the way, I hardly ever make it). The other bed pic shows how it really looks on a daily basis; I only pull the sheets and quilt up and over the bed pillows, hoping to deter my Otis aka the lil' bed pillow hog, from laying all over them. One other thing about my bed, which can't be seen here. Ever since my undergrad frosh year, I've never not had my bed put up on cinder blocks - classy, I know, but this here bed is also up on blocks. Funny thing is many people don't notice because of the bedskirt. Now, why do I insist on using cinder blocks? I.HAVE.A.LOT.OF.STUFF. = a total understatement, but it's far, far improved than before! things are improving even still! the Goodwill LOVES me! Anyhow, having my bed up on blocks creates A LOT of underbed storage space.
Another thing about my bed, when I divorced, thus demoted to "sleep alone by myself" status, I brought out my bedding from my undergrad days - some crazy, gauzey indian print bedspread-like blanket of sorts and chocolate bedsheets; everything unmatched. I figured it was time to evolve, and so I pursued a themed, color-coordinated bedroom decor. I figured all I had to do was pick a bedquilt and go from there...light greens, pinks, red, and creamy white with white-painted wood furniture [most of white pieces are now being used my by roomie (see #2)]. I like it a lot now, but at first it was all sooo feminine, I felt like I was stuck sleeping in someone else's guest bedroom, indefinitely.


#2 My dresser: This piece is actually one of the things I've refinished. It used to be covered with nasty, flat brown paint = a total crime against cedar! To the left, you can see part of its matching 6-drawer dresser. I got the two from my lil' old, sweetest roomie ever, Helen, who I had lived with last, before moving to my present digs. After I was all done with the two pieces, several months later, and it was time to move out -the house had sold- Helen found the very large, matching bureau mirror in a closet, it too, painted flat brown. I haven't yet been able to refinish it... sniff, sniff. I no longer have a two-car garage to work in. K, I can't linger on that for long, bums me out. So anyhow, the two pieces are very dark for me, but I love the retro styling! and the wood is beautiful. Semi-Important Note: In the pic, to either side of this dresser, you can see my sad bed shams and throw pillows; this is where they live on a daily basis.

#3 My Pjs: This particular set? pair? of flannel jammies, one of my very faves, is only revealed around the Christmas holiday or very cold nights. They were given to me for Christmas back in, oh, 1993? yeah. No kidding. I love them though! and I must admit, I look purty darn cute in 'em. If I'm not mistaken, my Gma Joanie gave to both me and my sister these Pjs, matching. I was full grown at the time, but she was only 12 yrs old, so I'm sure her's are long gone.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous job and I love the jams. Flannel is the shit in the winter, no?

Book Bums said...

I bought a complete set of new bedding the day my divorce was

Ern said...

What beautiful old furniture. I'm glad you refinished them so nicely.

The pictures of roses above your bed--are they photos? A friend of mine wants to do something similar above her bed.

Unknown said...

Oh the prettiness. And you can so come use my 2 car garage if I can borrow your sander :)

Leska McCall said...

Love the jammies. I dress my kids alike sometimes, and people tell me they will hate it. I don't care, it's too cute! Did you have xms pics taken w/ sis?

Amy said...

LOVE that dresser. I am such a sucker for that Art Deco look, and you did a lovely job with it!

Your bedding is gorg. And the cinder block idea! Friggin great!

Where can I get me some cinder blocks? What the hell are cinder blocks?

Danielle said...

Love the dresser and the comforter (colors)!!