Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Mah Very Own Geek Boy

Those of you who use Windows Explorer may or may not know this... For months, my sidebar (ya know, that area shown to the right of this post and all other posts? complete with blogger Profile, "Song in My Head," blogroll, archives, Flickr badge, etc. etc.) could not be viewed as a sidebar when using Windows Explorer; it would always kick down to the bottom of the site (this may still happen with old Macs or whenever the site is viewed in large text).

I first sought the blogging wisdom of
Closet Metro - not the first time he's helped me out in the big unknown blogosphere and he is quite helpful, indeed! Yes, turns out the lovely and talented marshmellow man (referring to his dear heart, which we all know is total mush!) is a great fountain of blog formatting knowledge (no, I'm not forgetting you, Kristine - you totally rock!). Anyhow, after some totally right on suggestions offered by Metro, I decided (as it was all sooo over my head) to seek the ultra geeky compooter skills of my very own geek boy, mah honey-man. I normally avoid bothering him with any of my blogger blather, although he does currently serve as my primary writing editor from time to time. So anyhow, he got his wonderful geeky hands on my blog template ~ ~ and voila! I gots me a sidebar no matter which web browser be yer preference.
Yay! Thanks again, sweetness!

Now, the "Nerds Get Chicks" magnet seen above was given to me by a most spunky college girlfriend of mine, Melis. It came in a purty nifty lil' care package she recently sent it to me, juhsst for the hellovit! The package contained items she has deemed part of the following theme: "I saw it and it made me think of you." So what's with the nerd magnet? I'm notoriously attracted to nerds/geeks = my honey-man fits the nerd profile to a T! He's certainly a most handsome, classy, multi-talented guy, and fortunately, he does not own any pocket protectors (that I know of), but he's an adorable nerd, nonetheless. In the past, I've also been accused of dating men who have some awfully unusual names = again, my honey-man fits this description. Anyhow, this other pic shows a couple more of the said themed items that were given to me. The first post-it pad, I totally understand the correlation... Melis and I both spent our early twenties believing we "knew" certain things without a doubt, and that consequently, we believed we could create a 10 year plan as to what and how we would accomplish many a thing in our lives. We've since learned that there are unseen limits to "knowing"... and that it's very important to live right here in the "NOW," to enjoy what we have RIGHT NOW, despite whatever plans or dreams one may wish to pursue.

The "Good Golly" post-it pad shouldn't need any explaining, since I've already demonstrated my use of the word "nifty" in this very post...

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I also love geeks. Hey, nerds need the lovin' too.

Amy said...

Awww, I like that little fridge saying. So true, there are limits to the knowledge that we stumble over even when we are looking ahead.

Your blog looks great!

Spurious Nurse said...

My lordy! Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! Are you hiring out Mr. Geekboys services? Cause I need help.

Ern said...

Haven't people figured out yet that IE is the Devil?

BTW, I blove you! Glad you been enjoyin' the chili! Although, how you eat chili in the Vegas summer heat is BEYOND me! :)