Friday, July 15, 2005

SPF ~ Mah 80s flicks, 80s pics and Can't Let Go

#1 Movies from the 1980s ~ heaven bless 'em ~ Especially those high school themed, cheesy, yet oh-so witty brat pack movies. The other option here for SPF was 80s music, but to show only one CD? or try to limit what I have to a mere few? - not only impossible, I don't want to insult the 80s like that.
Note: I did not begin buying DVDs until over the last couple of years. The very first one I bought on my own was "When Harry Met Sally." Thereafter, a loyal and indulging friend of mine graced me with the beginnings of a John Hughes collection...Movies from the 80s make up the majority of what I've got goin' - this is just a sampling, NOT that I have THAT many DVDs. My collection is meager compared to most.
Posted by Picasa

#2 Pictures from the 1980s!!!



I started out looking like a lil' sprite - age 5 there, all posed and cheeky. And no, I'm not wearing any lipstick. And yes, you may note that even then, I was one squinty-eyed smiler. I have eyes, I do - I really do have eyes (see pic #3).
The next pic, age 12, just on the cusp of real adolescence - here comes the big hair, cut in a wedge, permed and bleached to a crisp with hydrogen peroxide - I think all the kids in my 5th grade class had the same orangy, brassy hair color at the time, having all simultaneously discovered the cheap "highlighting" powers H2O2 offered. And the 3rd pic, age 13 - only one year later, loaded with attah'tude - geesh. See the flaired collar? the unmoving wave of bangs? and although ya can't see it, my hair is pulled back with a BANANA CLIP! and you may not be able to tell, but I'm wearing a red-banded ever-80s Swatch watch. As you can also see, this picture is framed (?!?!?)! I stole it from my Grams (she might not even known this) several years ago, when I realized she still had it out on display.

6 comments:

Ern said...

I LOVE that third picture, and I think it is so funny you stole it from your grandma!

Me said...

You were so cute!!

You stole the last pic from your grandma?? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Apparently you were always as adorable looking as you are now. You really have a beautiful smile. And it matches your personality.

The cuteness in the picture of you in braids kills me.

Random and Odd said...

OMG...you're adorable!

Effie said...

So absolutely adorable! You look like some of my friends growing up-- I like the squinty eyed grin!

pretendingsanity said...

I love the princess bride. One of the all time best movies ever!