Friday, July 08, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday! - Framed Fave, Me Mags, Furry Pet Peeve

#1 My most favoritest favorite framed picture in this very world:

These two love birds are my mum's parents - isn't that an absolutely fabulous lip lock!?!? I love how his arms are totally wrapped around her. This picture was taken in the "yard" located out in front, beyond the actual front yard of what was then my Gpa's parents' house, which is now my uncle Trent's home. Taken during WWII in 1943, my Gpa had returned home to Idaho on 72 hours leave before shipping out to sea, to the South Pacific for active duty. My Grams and Gpa Farrell WROTE TO EACH OTHER EVERY SINGLE DAY of his TWO YEARS in service. Can't get more romantic than that. Nope - can't be done. This photograph, I've loved it since I was a little child - we're talking 4 yrs old - and I had found it buried in a drawer!?! I was an awful, awful snoop.
When my Gpa died in Dec. 2001, I wrote and gave his eulogy and I created a large collage of pictures from various times in his life. This one HAD to be in there and I scrambled to dig it out from the depths. The original measures less than 2" x 3" inches in size - this pic above is the scanned and enlarged version, only 3.5" x 4.5" in size. I also have a laminated copy of the pic now taped to my computer monitor in my office.

#2 My Magazine Subscriptions:

I'm a such a nerd - I have no defense. I love my Smart Money. And although the hard copy is sent to my honey-man in LA, I read TIME and Newsweek online as often as I can. I used to have a subscription to "Self" and Smart $$$., but then TIME required a subscription in order to view their articles online, so buh-bye went "Self" so I could have access to my TIME. (I have a max of two subscriptions per person rule - don't ask.) Notice my blantant use of a totally Vegas themed cover of TIME? no shame, I tell ya! no shame! ~ Actually, I beat myself over the head regularly, stunned that not only do I live in Las Vegas, but I STILL live here in Vegas - my sixth year coming to an end this coming August!!?!? To think, I thought I'd be here for only 6 months, tops! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

cool blog

Amy said...

Oh that kiss picture should be totally made into a poster. I would LOVE to get kissed like that in a field.

Susie said...

That is a world-class love story kissing pic. What a treasure.

Elizabeth said...

In response to your comment on my blog, here are my ratings:

Oprah:1
Self: 2
Real Simple:3

I really love all three though but for completely different reasons. I highly recommend all 3.

the niffer said...

You can actually feel the love in that photo. What an amazing memory to have of your GPs.