Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You are such...

Over the weekend, I was in L.A. to set up my new baby ~ a Toshiba Satellite A105- S4134... oh yeah, and to visit mah honey-man, of course! and to cuddle my fuzzy babies, Otis and Owen (with the angel boy-O still out of town, visiting his mama's clan in Ootah ~HI! Wendy's Ootah Clan!).

So, yeah ~ my new compooter! I must say, I've been feelin' like I'm a purty clevah grrl (sensing a bit of pride here? ~ you're not mistaken!). THE STORY: My supportive parents had lovingly given me an entry-level laptop for my birthday this past January, as a birthday/early graduation gift [See the pic to the side? "Annejelynn's 31st Birthday Present"]. It was purrrfect timing, and helped me to finish my Thesis ~ BUHHT, it wasn't quite as speedy as I'd like, nor did it have the memory or hard disk space I'd prefer, nor did it have a DVD+/-R drive. Soooo, I sold it last month for $450 (after 7 months of use) and with that money, plus a few hundred I'd saved from generous Congratulatory gift monies given to me for finishing my MPA in May, I gots me a new fandangled laptop! WOO-HOO!

I combed websites and techy promotions for a couple months to prepare for my upcoming purchase, and here's the specs for what I finally chose (with a $25o rebate!):

Centrino Intel Duo Core processor, 1.83 GHz/667 FBS, 2 GB of RAM, 120 GB Hard drive (5400 RPM), Windows Media Center (Vista capable), 2003 Office Suite, CD/ DVD+/-R double layer drive, 4 USB ports with all the other fancy ports, including 2 nifty media card slots, all the wireless capability I'll ever need, and a fingerprint security sensor, etc. etc.

Yup, I'm purty pleased with my purchase.

Over the weekend, just before my honey-man whipped out his camera to document the moment, he said aloud with emphasis upon each word, "You are SUCH a geek," refering to all the USB action you see here in the pic he then took...

Oh and here's a cute fuzzy babies pic, for good measure (it's been a while, eh?)

2 comments:

Closet Metro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Closet Metro said...

your geekiness is so sexy