Monday, August 21, 2006

The P.S. to Finding 'Home'

Right after I published this morning's post, before I stood to go switch the laundry, I carefully set my laptop behind Otis while I uncrossed my legs, and in doing so, I casually kicked a flip-flop donned foot directly into the side of my gone-stone-cold cup of coffee... it did a nice, almost slow-mo 360 rotation in the air without losing a drop and then it landed on its bottom, squarely on the floor, and EVERY SINGLE DROP then flew up into the air, spreading in an upward arched spray right before me, about 4 feet high... As I let out a slow, very pained groan, Otis and Owen both lifted their little fuzzy heads to watch the display.

Thereafter, I spent about an hour cleaning 8 square feet of my honey-man's semi-speckled, creamy white berber carpeting...

2 comments:

Effie said...

I'm impressed--every single drop! You, my dear, are very talented!

san said...

wow... can you teach me how to do that?? :)