Friday, August 11, 2006

Au Revoir ~ or Buh Bye Now!

After cuddling in bed for an hour this A.M., with the snooze sounding off every 10 minutes or so, we finally got up to prepare the rest of our packing... collecting any last minute shove-it-in-the-bag items and switching over any liquids or gels from my backpack into what would have been only carry-on lugguge, but must now be checked. [SEMI-RELATED TANGENT: We both normally DO NOT check any bags of any kind. We both prefer to carry it allll on to the plane, taking it with us, keeping things 'with our person' at all times. My air travel motto is this: DO NOT SEPARATE FROM THE LUGGAGE! why? - well, it's based on several very BAD experiences, having lost my luggage more times than I'd like to recount (e.g. Didn't have any of my luggage for FIVE days once and it wasn't found until 2 days before my trip was over!?!), plus the fact that I really do not relish, nor do I ever appreciate my time spent standing around the baggage claim area. Naah, I'd rather skip that part. Oh, and there is the fact that I just don't usually pack more than what will fit just fine in a carry-on bag - - with the exception of ski trips; ski trips always require TOO MUCH STUFF to be brought along. And yes, I take great pride in my EXCELLENT packing abilities. I do! "I'm an excellent..." packer. I won't continue to ramble on about exactly how it is that I am a packing genius, but I'll share this: Right now, for instance, I have enough in my mere CARRY-ON SIZED BAG to wear 14 non-repeat outfits, plus 4 sets of jammies and I could go on and on, but it's basically everything else a 10-day trip requires. Not bad, eh? END OF TANGENT]

The angel boy-O is still dozing in bed, while my honey-man and I also attempt to wrap up work-related emails and whatever. The kitties (so freakin' cute) have been fed and they're mug shots have been taken for a "LOST" flyer I always prepare for the kitty-sitter for any 5+ days-long trip away, so they're now lying around, looking supremely pleased and relaxed. The iShuffle has almost finished loading all of the tracks for Harry Potter's Prisoner of Azkaban. Ahh, the boy is stirring! Time to prepare breakfast.

My blogging may be spotty (or non-existent) until the 22nd. Until then ~ Avoir!

5 comments:

san said...

Hey... sometime you have to give me an insight on your packing abilities. I always take way too much stuff ;)

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

The new rules suck.
Hope you have a good trip..

Unknown said...

I'll miss you!

Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Travel safely babe! see you soon. :)

Amy said...

au revoir to you my darlin'! And bon voyage!

ha! kitty mug shots.