Thursday, August 03, 2006

Six Sterling Sweeties of Old

Given a heads up to watch the coming mail, I was told a precious package was to be sent my way. I had not any inkling as to what it could possibly be. I knew though, that this one was serious ~~ I could tell by her voice...

My Grandma Joanie is a fabulous gift-giver ~~ The woman's creativity CANNOT be heralded, and the heart of her giving is always delightsome and generous in its meaning, and the love with which she gives, to communicate LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. This time, little did I know, she would absolutely take my breath away!

Wrestling to open the "Nokia" phone box I received, therein, nestled in folds and wrappings of bubble wrap, I found this most modest, little, felty light bluish gray bundle. Immediately, I could tell it was an aged item and knowing my Grammie's knack for geneaological treasures, I held my breath as I pulled upon the tie...

I found spoons. Teaspoons. Six of them. Sterling.
Six very old, very cherished, very sweet, very fragile and dainty sterling silver teaspoons
~ Circa 1980's ~
The spoons were originally an engagement gift given to my great, great Grandma Angie, from her own mother ~ As the engravings show, they were engraved especially for her.
My childhood nickname was Angie - and still is, whenever I'm with immediate family and close relatives. Anyone who has EVER met anyone in my family, ultimately learns to call me Angie. And when they meet my father, they may even be tutored in the proper rehearsal of "Georgie Porgie, puddnin' pie," who kissed the girls... etc. etc.
Except, the proper family version goes as follows:
"Angie-Pangie, puddnin' pie, kissed the boys and made 'em cry..."

Anyhow, are these sterling sweeties gorgeous or what?
Once I'm settled in Cali, I am so gunna have tea parties.
(I'm grinning madly)

Thank you so much, Joanie-girl! Bless you for loving me so dearly!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINKLE TOES!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, these are gorgeous! you are lucky to have such sweet people in your life.

as for the rhyme - suits you. hehehe

Anonymous said...

They are really gorgeous! What a treasure indeed; congrats!!

Elizabeth said...

Those are beautiful - what a fantastic gift.

Ern said...

Old family stuff is the best!

Amy said...

Oh wow, those are AWESOME.
Great pics, too.

Unknown said...

What an awesome gift! Very cool...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm LOVING those spoons...

(*jealous*)

Okay, over it. Seriously, how lovely. What a thoughtful gift!

Anonymous said...

gag me with a spoon