Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Updated! Bugly Bug, Bummin' a Ride

UPDATE: Sheryl's figured it out! She rawks, that Sheryl, she does, ohhh she does... What we have here is a "Tarantula Hawk" - seen here.

Check out this gnarly lil' dewd! What is it? I have no idea... I had left my aunt's home on the way to a early- AM doctor's appt. the other day - - As soon as I was driving on the main road, turning out from her neighborhood, he'd flown into my windshield with an audible thud! At the time, I hadn't seen where he'd deflected off to, but when I got out of my appt., returning to my car, I realized he must have bummed a ride with me, all the way to the dr's office! He was just hangin' out on my windshield wipers...



6 comments:

Amy said...

okay had to call up my 10 year old. He thought this bug was AWESOME.

MinMin said...

look like very large Wasp.

Unknown said...

Good LORD that thing is HUGE!

What the heck is it?!

Effie said...

THAT is a GIGANTIC flying ant! And SCARY as all heck! BOy--they grow the bugs BIG out there, eh?!!!!!!

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Annejelynn,
I think your passenger was actually a Tarantual Hawk

http://www.fireflyforest.net/images/blog/2005/November/tarantula-hawk-wings.jpg

http://www.desertusa.com/mag01/sep/papr/thawk.html

Anonymous said...

It's not as big as the bug up your butt.