Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ready for everything, but this...

Having stayed late at work the last 3 nights in a row, staying until at least 8pm each time, and if you count last week? I know I stayed late almost every night, but last week? I can't remember last week... Anyhow, getting the office ready for my absence, and packing my things for Montreal, like totally mad-frantic, going over and over my list(s) --cuz ya know, although we fly out on Friday, if I forget anything of mine before we leave, chances are it'll be over 280 miles away from L.A., in Vegas! So, I've been checking my lists, have just a couple items to steal from the dryer once it's finished and a couple things from work left to do that I'll be taking in to the office tomorrow as I hit the highway; I'm basically ready.

Mind you, I was supposed to leave for L.A. today and from work, early - - however, I found out that Helen's funeral will be tomorrow AM, and so, I'm postponing L.A. for that. That -the funeral- is what I'm not ready for. After spending time with her daughter the other night and one of Helen's sisters, witnessing their pain is just so excruciating. I know, Helen was 87 years old, but she had been FINE! She looked to be in her early 70s! What happened was this: She took a prescribed medication to which she was allergic and within a few days, less than 1 week, she died of kidney failure. She didn't die of old age. It's heartbreaking. It was preventable - it shouldn't have happened.

I'm not ready for her funeral.

2 comments:

san said...

i understand. that must be so hard.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie.


Hugs.