Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Posts, Unpublished

Here are some of the titles of several unpublished post drafts [with translations], all of which were written between the months of December '06 and February '07, soon to be trashed:

"Olympic Bitching" [Written early December '06: With explosive fury and frustration, raging on and on over the seeming fact that we'd been unable to achieve any of the goals we'd set for 2006.]

"Seeking Professional Help" [Written late December '06: Made plans to see a therapist to determine how to best handle our life circumstances.]

"Feelings of Deep Failure" [Written early January '07: Eight months later and nearly 100 formal L.A. job applications, and not one job offer = "No one wants me" = "What the hell is wrong with me?" = "I'm a failure" = big time yo-yo depression = an abismal sense of worth
= severely damaged confidence = feeling inadequate.]

"Feeeling Sooo Forlornnn" [Written late January '07: My L.A. job search is put on hold and my honey-man tells me that he thinks we'll know what we'll be doing by February's end; I have difficulty (major understatement) mustering much faith.]

"I Surrender" [Written early February '07: I give up trying to determine what to do next and resign myself to living strictly in the 'now,' surrendering myself to my circumstances.]


And then, post-"I Surrender," my preoccupations become minor (with the exception of my missing purse)... and this one really should have been posted, but I'd forgotten it:

"What a Waste" [Written late February '07: Wanting to offer a gesture of gratitude, I brought in Starbucks coffee for my new assistant, and managed to spill an entire 'grande' caramel macchiato in a 5-story building's elevator, all down its button panel, and the front and sleeves of my expensive, fancy-schmancy light pink terry zip sweater that my stepmum had bought me.]

No comments: