Friday, April 13, 2007

Walking Through the Motions

Not all too long ago, we had had NO idea what the hell we were gunna do... and in a matter of one month's time, our direction has been entirely rerouted in the opposite direction of this last two years' worth of hopes, quite literally speaking, like, directionally speaking.

Wait, so what does that mean?

IT MEANS THIS: I won't be moving to Los Angeles, after all. Instead, so that my honey-man can continue his much loved work in Vegas, minus his weekly 10-12 hour commute from L.A. to Vegas and back again, by Memorial Day weekend, he will move from L.A. to Las Vegas.

Yup, a TOTAL switch from our original plans - - from south on I-15, to northbound.

Of course, there's a great number of seriously deep and complicated issues to deal with surrounding this decision - - Geesh, what a gagging understatement that is!
Moreover, for now, I will not go into all those issues, because right now I'm feeling something very real, something very new, something legitimate, and rather intense...

Today, I had my first "walk-through"... By April 30th, I may have a new address, and today, I got to walk through it, scrutinize it and lay some claim to it, and today, in my heart and my mind's eye, I got to see us all in it, all of us together, and it made me happy.

Yes, I had my very first walk-through this morning at 11AM. It took 2 and a half hours, and today, I am now, officially, excited about our decision.

6 comments:

san said...

OMG! I was so hoping you would move to LA soon ... dang!

Ern said...

I am so, so glad for you. After months and months of not knowing, I can't imagine how good it feels to have a picture of the future in your head.

Unknown said...

"...I got to see us all in it, all of us together, and it made me happy."

Ah, darlin... you have no idea how much that makes me smile for you guys. What a very exciting time it is for you.

Anonymous said...

congrats girl!

I always joke when I say, "I better be really specific when I ask God for something because has a way of twisting it. Sometimes he's laughing at me when he does it too."

Yay! I'm happy if you're happy!

Daly said...

This is great new!! Congratulations Annejelynn and honey-man!!

Anonymous said...

ok, so you moved to Las Vegas! Wow!

I remember now reading this a while ago. Sorry, I forgot!

This is amazing news, esp now that you bought your home and you're sleeping there. I am sooo happy for you!

word verification: sxxzye = sexy!