Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Final Countdown

My dear fellow bloggers, friends and fam ~ The final countdown has begun. I have until April 14th to complete and distribute hard copies of my "thesis" to my program's faculty, and I must then defend it before April 28th - and then? Then I need to kick my job search into high gear, while I finish a final for my last class ANNNNND then I'm gunna graduate on May 13th!!! (woo-hoo!) - and then? Then I have to move out of my apartment by the 20th of May and put all my crap in storage... Wait a secky...

Do you hear that
?

Do you hear all that - - all of that screaming?


It's me!
I'm about to loose my mind under all the pressure to finish my paper on time! And ya know, like everything else... that's all. Yup, I'm a bit overwhelmed (GARGANTUAN, MOST HUMONGOUS UNDERSTATEMENT).

Last week I had a fitting for a nighttime mouth guard, which I will now wear every night I go to bed to prevent "stress fractures" in my teeth from the habitual grinding and clenching of my lower jaw at night. NOTE: I've been clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth off and on for years now, since high school. My father has told me that he could sometimes hear me from down the hall, my grinding was so loud! For a few years, post-divorce, I'd been jaw-clenching free, but since my return to school for grad study in the MPA program, I've been back at it. Usually it comes and goes in relation to the level of stress I may be experiencing... The past year n' a half though has been stressful, apparently. Anyhow, the mouth guard will be good - oh, and it's way sexy, I tell ya!

*sigh*

But really, I'm okay; I'll be okay... I had a migrane this past Sunday for nearly 3 hours, but I am okay - REPEAT TO SELF: I. know. I. will. be. okay. This will allllll be over soon... [Inside my head: " TOO SOON! OH MY GOODNESS, IT'S GOING WAY TOO FAST - NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR IT ALL!!!! - OH MY GOSH - OH MY GOSH - OMG!!! " and she begins to hyperventalate...]

Must breathe.
Inhale..... Exhaaaale.... - 1 banana, 2 banana, 3 banana, 4...

Naah, I'm okay - I'm just kidding (kinda). As one could expect, my presence in the Bloggosphere will be purty non-existent for the next 2-3 weeks. Wish me luck! and loads of it!

6 comments:

Closet Metro said...

Take a deep breath. Hold it. Exhale. Eat a cookie.

Feel better?

Elizabeth said...

One day at a time darlin.....you'll be fine.

Kerri Anne said...

Good luck! Your thesis and said defense shall be great! and wonderful! and superb! And I'm definitely with metro in that much cookie-consumption should be enjoyed. It is a cardinal rule of all finals, big or small. Cookies and coffee. Lots of coffee. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm wishing you tons and tons and tons of luck and good vibes and all the stuff that you need to make it through the next few weeks!

Hugs!

Kati said...

I'm thinking ice cream, myself. Chocolate. With nuts. Hang in there!

Rally said...

Just a mouth guard comment....

My lovely lady is blessed with the lovely ability to grind her teeth to a powdery mess, and she too is to wear her mouth guard on a nightly basis. Once you let your man make a few comments, and you both giggle about it, you will find that he will be kind enough to warm it up for you, and bring it to you, when you have forgotten to put it in.

While he teases you about the mouth guard, what he REALLY means is "Thank god! Now I can finally get some sleep!"

As far as everything else goes...take a few minutes each day to play with your kitties, and all your stress will disappear....Kitties make everything better.