Thursday, March 09, 2006

Farewell, Sweet FinePix 550E, Until We Meet Again

A couple weeks ago, my digicam's LCD quit working inexplicably. I called and emailed all the proper FujiFilm warranty authorities [NOTE: First of all, how dare my girl try to quit me like this? and with only a month before the warranty expires?!? She's screwin' with me, I swear!! Lil' witch needs to be spanked!], and I was given the instructions for arranging her repair. However, not wanting to let go when my honey-man's bday was just around the corner, I held off and continued using her, all the while taking generally terrible and painfully out of focus pictures ever since. So as of tomorrow, I'm sending my poor witchy baby off to New Jersey for repairs and I'll be digital-camera-less for who knows how long (sniff, sniff). I do still have my very nice, very reliable, very neglected Canon RebelG 35mm, but using a camera that requires film?!? Do they sell film still? I'm sooo no longer into taking 'mystery' pictures anymore, always having to wait and see what only developing can reveal - - not that I took bad pictures though! By the time I finally bought my digicam, I had become a pretty a-okay amateur photographer. Anyways, the point is this: I'm now digital all the way, man and I'm quite certain I will be going through a serious withdrawl while my baby is away. Also, I seriously doubt I'll resort to film in her absence. CLARIFICATION: Yes, my digicam is a girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo. Hang in there, sweetie. She'll be back before you know it!

Ern said...

OMG! Deep breaths. You'll get through this. We're all here to support you.

I SO know what you mean about not going back to film. I get to really wishing for an SLR, but do I go get out my (really good quality) film SLR? No. Our generation has LOST ITS PATIENCE!