Friday, September 30, 2005

Stuff-Portrait Friday!

Once again, according to Kristine...

#1 Something in my house where it doesn't belong: I actually don't know WHERE this belongs, honestly. My last roomie left it behind when she moved out and told me to do with it whatever I may, but it's pretty dang big for a "mini-fridge." Since she left in August, it has just sat right here - it is not meant as a knitting basket stand. And no, I don't want to use it like a full service mini-bar for my living room guests. humpht.
What to do (tapping my finger to my bottom lip)?

#2 Something broken in my house, but I've kept it anyhow: This adorable, LITTLE fine/thin/fragile wheel spun piece of pottery... I found it in one of my parent's many boxes of misc. college stuff and I wouldn't let my father toss it or his "The World According to Garp" either. After one of my many moves, from place to place, a hole was finally punched through it somehow unbeknownst to me - dunno. I now just turn the hole towards the back of the bookshelf on which it sits. I had never known it was spun so thin until the hole came along - it's amazing really.

#3 Something in my house that I will NEVER eat: Man, I la-la-la luv sushi, but I will probably never attempt to make it on my own, nor will I ever bother/think to wrap my rice in this seaweed paper!?!? so I can have myself some seaweed paper!?! with my rice??? No way. This is yet again another item my last roomie left behind for me when she moved out. For some UNKNOWN, BIZARRE, utterly UNSPOKEN reason, I haven't yet thrown it way (even now after taking its picture). I think it's just because it has been stashed in the freezer since she left, and I've been too busy to think about it/notice it until now. I'll ask my NEW roomie (who is from Japan, mind you) if she would use/eat it.

6 comments:

Lucky Lum said...

Why don't you sell the fridge?
I would love to have one next to my bed (lazy me) just so I din't have to go all the way downstairs when I'm thirsty at night!

john boy said...

I'm actually looking to buy a mini fridge for my office. How much you want for it? What part of the planet are you located on?

Random and Odd said...

Tyler wants a mini fridge for his room.

;)

Jena said...

Mm, yes, sketchy seaweed paper. Say no to that. Say no and back away. Homemade sushi? Is that safe?

I played, too. Big fun. I was a first-timer, but I think I got the job done.

Happy trails!

Amy said...

I love your blog. It's great to see pics of seaweed and nipple pinking stuff.

Elizabeth said...

You gotta love mini fridges. Stock up on drinks in there. I would have diet Coke-a-plenty in that bad boy.