Sunday, September 18, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday! on Sunday!

Once again, according to Kristine...

#1 Meine Kuche - not that big, is it? but, believe it or not, I have had much, much SMALLER! Try so small that the refridgerator had to be kept in the bedroom!?!

In my kitchen there muhhst be a pantry - the narrow door is for my blessed pantry. It is equipped with 4 deep shelves and 5 shallow shelves for stacking stuff - Heck! I should take a pic of my pantry, eh? - that'll be another post for later. Anyhow, with my mormon roots, I am a woman of bulk foods and excess food storage... need a can of Cream of Chicken soup? how about a cake mix? would you like White Sour Cream or Yellow? need a can of evaporated milk? I have four cans of it in stock right now.
I.love.my.pantry.

Not a whole lot of counter space...but I have a dishwasher! That fact, coupled with my oh-so willing honey-man, who actually LIKES doing the dishes, makes for no reason at all not to bake/broil/roast/grill/saute/simmer/boil/blanche/steam or stir fry. I hate doing the dishes -my only deterrant to cooking- that and, ah, money! - it can be quite expensive to go all out and cook as I may -it'd be easier if I were feeding the throngs, but right now, there is no gabble of children to feed.
I absolutely love my pass through window. Love it. The only thing that would be better is an entirely OPEN kitchen - I would love that much more. I hate walled-off kitchens - being cut off from the rest of my living space. For me, the kitchen serves as a center of loving, creative activity in the home - I love cooking, especially for others. It's relaxing for me. I don't want to be working in the kitchen, separated from those for whom I may be cooking.
P.S. You see that sponge there? along the back of the sink?
IT IS NOT MINE
#2 Meine Handschrift - notes from Research Design class - Exciting, no? Hardly so, I know.

#3 einer Sache - okay, right now you should be thinking, "What the hell is that?" Exactly my sentiment when it was first sent to me (along with a number of equally bizarre items) from my childhood friend Anna Dilemma, who lives in Tokyo. This stuff is called "Pink Top Cream" - the only English on the package - and the illustration on the package? humpht - WTF? how was I to really know? it's colorless and has no scent... Is it lip gloss? Considering the illustration on the package, I didn't think so. Well, I have a new roomie, Kanako, and she happens to be from Japan! I brought out this lil' pink-nippled package from deep within a bedroom cabinet, and asked her the other night to tell me what this stuff is. She was stunned - she giggled - she asked me, "Where'd you get this?" and then giggled some more. It was hilarious, watching her try to find the words to tell me what it is: When applied, um, this "Pink Top Cream" will cause one's nipple to be pink.
Juhhhst Lovely.

5 comments:

Closet Metro said...

and the package remains unopened.

*sigh*

Ern said...

I wonder what it tastes like?

Elizabeth said...

Your handwriting is fab. I think your kitchen is cute and I wanna see in that pantry, sistah.

Effie said...

Nice kitchen--a pantry is a MUST that's for sure! One of the guys who came to give a quote on the kitchen tried to convince me to give up my pantry! How awful is that--that was one of the deciding factors about the house for me!! How dare he!

And nipple colorant, eh?! Do they look younger if they're pinker? Hmm? I don't know but that is the funniest thing I have ever seen!

(and BTW--ich bin sehr gemutlich mit deinen Uberschriften! teehee!)

Amy said...

Your blog is gonna get some new hits with the addition of pink nipple cream, lady!

Nice kuche. Sorry if that sounds rude!