Friday, September 23, 2005

SPF ~ Alas, it sucked - mah Phoney - my digicam

Once again, according to Kristine...Stuff Portrait Friday!

#1 I had been all excited, until it got home: When I bought this, I was so thrilled to have not only a legitimate coffee maker, but one including all it's fandangled features and the way tre' cool design. HOWEVER, the damn thing repeatedly leaked coffee, including grounds, all over my kitchen counter, down the front of the lower cabinets, all over the floor = A BIG FAT FREAKIN' MESS! After my honey-man had no luck determining what it was I had been doing wrong (I was convinced I'm incompetent), we successfully concluded there was a serious design flaw at hand, so we returned the sucker and never looked back.


B.P.O.S. = BIG PIECE OF SHIT (sorry, just being HONEST!)

I'm not at all alone in my experience with this awful machine.
(click to here to see the horrible reviews)


#2 My cell phone: Why do I have a Nokia brick instead of a sleak, oh-so cool (supposedly) flippy phone? Cuz I have a hard time as it is, trying to answer my cell without inadvertently hanging up on someone and I need to be able to answer the phone using ONE HAND, thank you!?!! There's no freakin' way I want to flip anything open in order to take a call, nor do I want to try learning some ridiculous wrist action to do it one-handed. NO. I've only had this phone for a month now and I'm not at all used to it's menu listings and the split "talk" and "end call" buttons. My previous phone was an ancient lil' Nokia though and I loved it. I miss my Salt 'n' Pepa's "Push It" default ring and the Jingle Bells ring I had set for my honey-man... BUT with my new phone and my new Cingular service, I love it that we're now on a "Family Plan" and that the 400-500+ minutes we spend talking to one another each month is no longer counted against our "Anytime Minutes." Hallelujah! Plus, I'm tellin' ya, ROLLOVER MINUTES ROCK!

My very own navy blue brick! Posted by Picasa

#3 My digital camera: I love my camera ~ why? Because I took over 1,600 pictures while in Montreal and it didn't cost me a friggin' fortune to find out only 700 of 'em are worth keeping! ME LOVE IT!

The FujiFilm E550 = 6.0 megapixels per shot at MY service... Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Renee said...

I am still decent friends with a ex of mine. This coffee pot was on his wedding registry so i have to giggle!lol

Cool stuff though!::-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a terrible coffee pot! I wonder if anyone's gotten one that works properly?? Looks good though, right?

Over the past 5 years I have had two different Nokia bricks like yours and was offered a free one with my new plan, but mine never got good reception when I had them, so I got a flip phone instead, which works better for me.

Kari said...

My hubby's work phone is a brick...he hates it, but I think its because he hates Cingular!

Sunshine said...

hi there!too bad about the coffee pot. i use nokia too. been thinking about the nokia flip phone too but it might be a hassle using one hand typing an SMS message or something. anyway, nice post, and hope to see you again sometime at my blog.=P