Monday, December 08, 2008

Why I Love Mah Honey-Man ~ Reason 31

Because he spent most of this past Saturday outside, sanding down three (plus a half) of our kitchen table's chairs, so that I can spray them all with primer and hopefully get to painting 'em before this week's end (fingers crossed!).

The weekend before Thanksgiving, I had only managed to finish sanding down 2 of them plus one (but not quite). This past weekend, having hoped to sand the remaining chairs, my sciatic pain made it impossible to continue the effort on my own. Sooo, my sweet honey-man volunteered to help out without any prompting from me. I didn't even hint at it, as I hadn't ever thought to even ask him! [SIDE NOTE: I LOVE to refinish furniture. It's one of my favorite things to do!] Of course, I'm certain he'd also just like to have our table and chairs back inside as well, so there's some self interest at hand here... hee hee.

He was sooo freakin' cute out there in the backyard though, powdered head to toe with sanding dust, the sander roaring away for hours, while the angel boy-O's portable stereo played Joss Stone as he worked, with him bobbing his head, singing along.

No comments: