Thursday, December 11, 2008

We got a Pogo Baby!

I was dreaming about a pinball machine this morning... I woke up to use the bathroom around 4am and realized our baby sweet potato girl was goin' nuts in there, bouncing around, up and down, up and down, like a kid on a pogo stick, hence, much like the ball in my pinball machine dream! Funny, eh?

I'm waiting right now to hear back from my doctor's office... Granted, this is only my first pregnancy, experiencing everything for the first time, no prior knowledge of how things can go, etc. etc., HOWEVER, I'm pretty dang sure I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions yesterday throughout the day. Yes, I've read that these are more commonly experienced in second pregnancies, but the literature I've read also says they can come on as early as the 20th week (Wikipedia says 6 weeks?!?) and in first pregnancies as well.

It starts at the top and moves downward, like a compression spreading across my entire belly and it grows hard like a rock, lasting anywhere from 20 seconds to nearly 3 minutes. Not painful really - - definitely a bit uncomfortable, but mostly, it's just freakin' me out! So yeah, waiting for the OB office to call me back.

No comments: