Monday, December 08, 2008

99 Days until I'm Due!?!

I can't believe how fast the time has been flying by. It just blows my mind! Only 99 days left? Wha? That's only a little more than 3 months' time?!? In fact, I have a regular OB appointment next week for my "6 month check-up"... yes, SIX MONTHS!?! I can't believe it.

Until the week of Thanksgiving, I was feeling really good. My energy had been up for a while, and as long as I took the time to score a good 2-4 hour-long nap at least once on the weekends, I was dandy. This last week was only 'okay' - - I'm already having sciatic flare-ups, my left side. It's particularly bad come the end of the day and the very worst in the early morning. Throughout the mid-day, I never know if I'll be just fine or if I'll suddenly get my ass kicked if and when I make the wrong move! And I haven't yet been able to consistently identify the 'wrong moves.' Kinda sucks. Yeah. It caused everything to move in major slow-mo this past weekend. I had SO MANY PLANS and none of them were finished as hoped. This past weekend, along with my insistent honey-man, taught me that my expectations must be modified: Once again, I can't expect to get everything done that I would normally accomplish. You'd think this would be a welcome realization in a way, lightening my load, but right now, for today, considering the approaching Christmas break, I'm really just annoyed. I gots alotta of stuff to do, peoples!

Yet, I don't want to rush things either or get upset about it... I recognize that this is an invaluable time in my life. More and more, each day, I find myself staring at my belly, grinning like mad, watching the thumps and bumps, while ignoring everything else. We were comped a pair of tickets to see The Importance of Being Earnest last Saturday night, and more than once during the play, I found myself watching my belly instead of watching the performance on stage.

No comments: