Monday, December 22, 2008

And We're Off, Before the Crack of Dawn!

UPDATED: 1/6/09 - My grandma's prognosis has taken a fantastic turn for the better = They were wrong; no malignancy found! She should be fine. Best news of 2009!

We're headed north tomorrow morning, hitting the road by 5am, that's the plan (and I'm VERY attached to it). The last few days have been a blur, much of it good, but most of which dominated by some recent family news. My Grammie Joanie was in the hospital last week, and a few days ago, the diagnosis was determined; she has a malignant cancer and she will not have much more than a year ahead of her.

I don't know what to say. I feel overwhelmed in general, but this, I absolutely don't know what to say. It just feels awful.

We'll be foregoing Christmas cards this year... I just have too much on my plate and have been unable to get a number of things under control, like Christmas cards. I did manage to bake 6 batches of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins the other night, but it nearly killed me... [slight exaggeration, yes].

I'll soon hafta share my new list of pregnant moments... lots of broken glass involved. But that'll have to wait a bit. However, I do hope that EVERYONE has a wonderful holiday season! Merry Chrimpus and Happy New Year to you all! Mmmmwah!

3 comments:

Daly said...

I'm sorry about your grandma...

We didn't get Christmas cards out this year either. :\

Hope you have a safe trip, a merry Christmas and a happy new year!!

Pam said...

I am so sad about your grandma. I have looked forward to meeting her for so many years. I thought she was delightful at the wedding. Please give her my love when you see her. Did you get my package? No card this year is fine, next year we want a card with your babies photos on it. Metty Christmas!! Loves Pam and Don

Ern said...

Merry Christmas to you too. Sorry to hear about your grandma though. That's difficult news anytime, but especially at the holidays. *HUGS*