Sunday, September 07, 2008

Officially Excited 'Bout Zee Baybee

Will post baby news later 2nite!
--- Okay, it's not Sunday night, I know, it's Monday afternoon (I got too pooped to post last night!)...

But here's the latest news: I'm 13 weeks along (that's a lil' more than 3 months) and we now have ourselves a little 'jalapeno' measuring about 3 inches long already!?! In five more weeks, we'll get to find out if it's a girlie or a boy-O.

Annnd... while at my ob appointment last Friday, I had told my doc how I'd gotten a lil' nervous that last Monday about my not feeling terribly pregnant in the last few weeks, other than my nightly bloating and my generally exhausted state, still concerned that I haven't had any morning sickness at all?!? I confessed to him that I had actually taken another pregnancy test to sooth my growing doubt. Again, he told me to freakin' be happy about the no morning sickness, and he also told me that we're now at a point where I should just quit worrying about my being pregnant or not. He also said sure, we had a crappy start of it, "but your sonograms have looked good and all your hormonal levels are now perfect..." He then stopped listing off my reasons to relax, smiled real big and asked, "Why don't we just put this to rest right now, shall we?" From that point, he both brought out a Doppler machine and had my tummy gelled in less than 10 seconds, and told me we were going to find and hear the baby's heartbeat right now. With the thing on, he began to move it here and there across my lower abdomen, lingering a lil' here and there, hearing nothing but static noises, all while he gazed up toward the ceiling, making oh-so subtle concentration faces... I began to worry that he wasn't finding it, and he knew this. He glanced down at me and gave me a HUGE smile, while moving his hand with the Doppler in one quick, fixed motion, and he simultaneously announced "Here it is" = and I heard it! -wah, wah, wah, wah, wah- Strong, fast, steady and REAL! I heard the baby's heartbeat!?!

I'm not sure why (haven't attempted to analyze it just yet - - too slap happy to care!), but the Doppler experience on Friday was far more convincing than my earlier sonograms. Hearing our baby's heartbeat, I was absolutely overcome with the reality that THERE IS SOMETHING -a baby- GROWING INSIDE OF ME! My throat tightened and I could barely breathe, I was so amazed... and totally vehclempted!

Ever since that Friday afternoon, it's been official: I'm excited now! No more distractions, no more holding off = I AM EXCITED!

We're having a baby!!! WOO-HOO!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!
Can't wait to hear news :)

xo
Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Yes? We're waiting . . .
;)

Anonymous said...

Yay, I was waiting for this!!! :) -Kash

Anonymous said...

YAY! And WOO HOO! And YEE-HAW!
The heartbeat is truly the most miraculous, most wonderful sound ever. I am so thrilled for you. Be well, be happy. Be a MOM!

Jen said...

So awesome for you!! Congratulations!

Nico said...

That´s wonderful news!!!