Tuesday, September 09, 2008

"One Down n' Hoping for Several More to Go-Go" or "O'Lil Bit o' Green"

We had our FIRST! wedding anniversary yesterday!!! ONE YEAR already!?! And man, do I ever think my honey-man is a cutie patootie? He's such a sweetheart. He brought me flowers to my office and surprised the heck outta me! (we had had a deal - - no gifts!) ~ I'm not complaining though!

We had a wonderful evening together - - nothing super fancy. We went to Fado, an Irish themed pub and restaurant that opened in the spring, hoping to relive a lil' bit of our honeymoon in Ireland. The food was delicious - - the 'appetizer' we had was insanely good, we entered a food induced coma by the third bites of our main dishes! And seeing my honey-man has himself a solid designated driver for at least the next 6 months, he had himself a couple drafts of Guinness, while I had myself a Club Orange soda, bottled in Ireland.

After having this, we've decided that our late working night runs to Sonic together will now be replaced with visits to Fado for whiskey cheddar mac with bacon!
My honey-man had fish n' chips with malt vinegar and I had a trinity steak boxty! I didn't make it past a couple more bites of this though... we had A LOT of leftovers (but not much of the mac left)!
And for dessert? Hmmm...
We got off of work too late to relive our 'wedding cake' experience last night. Tonight we'll be heading to the Cupcakery for a Kir Royale and a Southern Belle.

1 comment:

Daly said...

Congratulations to you both on your first anniversary!! Time sure flew by. What way to celebrate. The food looks yummy!