Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who Got Shot?!?

I began writing this on the 18th, and I've just now returned to it, in order to finish the last 2 sentences: When the TV show West Wing was at its height in popularity, I was no where near it. I never watched the show while it was running, not once. Mind you, I just don't want much TV. Well, several months ago, we borrowed the first season dvd set, and once we started the first disc, I was wanting to watch one episode after another. It'd be dinner time and I'd propose we eat on the couch, hoping to multi-task, eating while watching another episode. Well, we finished the first disc and I thought we were done...

I had had no idea there were 4 double-sided dvd discs in the set!?! I found that out only a couple weeks ago... and since then, we've been, uh, well, we've been watching a lot of West Wing. We finished the 3rd dvd last night, and little did I know, although it was OBVIOUS, it was the last episode! Yes, the LAST EPISODE OF THAT FIRST SEASON. So it ended as it ends, skinheads shooting guns, people screaming and ducking and running about, and I just freaked! I ran to the dvd case and, indeed, the 4th and last dvd disc was nothing but special features! I'm now totally left hanging! And we don't yet have our hands on the 2nd season set to know who the hell got shot?!? I ahhhlmost called Kati (aka WestWingNut) last night to end the suspense right then and there, but um, it was probably midnight her time! Plus I came to my senses, although I did lay awake in bed cursing out loud for about 5 minutes before falling asleep (and my honey-man did so as well!).

Now, now, DO NOT anyone tell me, really! The first disc of the 2nd West Wing season is the 3rd dvd in our Netflix queue... We will survive.

1 comment:

Kati said...

Hooray! Another convert! :) If I were any closer, I'd bring you the next three seasons. I'll have to e-mail you the recent conversation between Obama and Bartlet...