Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Final Take on Montreal!

And now, as you can see, yet can ONLY imagine since my earlier confession, these pictures shown here cannot tell even half the story that was my first trip to Montreal with my honey-man and his sweet angel boy-O. I could go on and on and on...

But let me share this, 'THE' ALL DEFINING MOMENT FOR ME ON THIS TRIP: While we were anchored off the isle of St. Marguerite, I stood at the back of the boat, hands on my hips, surveying the water and the sky. My honey-man's father was playing some beautiful music over the boat stereo system (AN INCREDIBLE SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM) in a way that was totally enveloping, as if it was an inner soundtrack playing in my mind, yet I could hear him laughing in the background and I could also faintly hear my honey-man from off the side of the boat, explaining little wonders of the world, so lovingly, to the ever-curious angel boy-O. I felt this feeling swell up inside me -and it revisits me, right now- and I was absolutely overcome with GRATITUDE for all that I have and ALL THE LOVE I HAVE FOUND IN MY LIFE, all around me. Tears welled up in my eyes and spilled over and down my cheeks, as if a faucet had been turned on. And I stood there feeling it, savoring the moment. Shortly later, my honey-man came to me and said sweetly something along the lines of, "You had yourself a 'moment' back there, didn't you?"

It was such a wonderful trip and my honey-man's families were all so kind and effusive, and I felt so well-received by all, accepted by everyone. I loved finally meeting everyone, all the same - I only wish we could have stayed longer. We now hope that our future schedules will accomodate an annual trip of a good length, and from here on out, we plan to save our pennies to afford the trek.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your final take on Montreal was beautiful, Annejelynn. What a lovely scene you painted with words for us. I felt like I was right there with you, and although it wasn't the same thing you felt, I got chills. The good kind.

Hugs to you!