Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Le Bateau - dats "Boat" in French (just so ya know)

For Larger views, click on the images.

The big white boat - we cruised up and down and all around the St. Lawrence river in this beauty for 3 days and we had a total blast - we slept on it too, 4 nights. It was sooo fun and sooo relaxing.

Traveling the St. Lawrence river was a most wonderful way to see Montreal - all the various water ways, its industry, the many locations found off port and all the many, many islands - a ridiculous amount of islands - did you know Montreal itself is an island? The views from the river were fabulous. Oh, and the plaque shown for Landlubbers? - this was up on the wall, posted above each toilet found on the boat.

On the 2nd day of our stay, we went up the river and anchored off the isle of Sainte Marguerite, as can be seen in the boat's GPS monitor - the lil' red triangular thingy represents the boat. While I relaxed and read the new Harry Potter (didn't really read all that much), laying out on the front of the boat, my honey-man and his angel boy-O enjoyed the cool, clear waters, diving off the boat to swim. We saw a couple heron/cranes flying about and an adorable beaver -my camera caught him juhhst as he dove beneath the water's surface, lil' bugger. And we saw a little red fox come to the water's edge for a drink. That day we also used the Sea-Doo "dingy" (as his father calls it) to zoom around and investigate the waters (and harass the seagulls) - was a total blast. My honey-man said he could see the wreckless-thrill-seeking "Jacobson family influence" in me... It was another fabulous day.

Mah honey-man's father is a riot - here's my imitation of him: Now imagine (yes, this is somewhat pointless, but I love it!) - point a wagging index finger, and say (apply deep and heavy french accent, followed by a deep rumbling chuckle),

"Heeey yoou!" = My smiley muscles ached often. One time he had a most clever little idea - he was quite pleased with himself, actually... With all my
picture-taking from behind the camera, there are often very few pictures of me, so he suggested that my honey-man take my camera from me for a picture; the first is well-composed despite the shadows, right? but the 2nd shot? For the 2nd, his father had planned to place a cold water bottle against my leg - you can see the top of the bottle in the lower righthand corner of the shot!

2 comments:

Closet Metro said...

hubba hubba

Amy said...

YOu look totally cute in your polka dot halter. And a fox!

My french teacher used to always say,

"Amy! Ne ratez pas le bateau!"
(Don't miss the boat.) Just got reminded of that on this post.