Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Had a wonderful, wonderful weekend in the City of Angels with my honey-man and his sweet angel boy-O... just stinks that we had to head back to Sin City before Halloween night, but we both had work today and I have class tonight- yes, class on Halloween night - !?! If you're wondering how I can complain, as if everything should stop just because of Halloween night, well YEAH! I've been spoiled you see. Nevada-state employees are given time off each year for "Nevada Day," which usually falls on Halloween, coincidentally. Right. This year, our Nevada Day was granted last Friday, the 28th - trust me, I'm not the only one bitchin' about this.

To make matters worse, I had to interview two applicants today for a vacancy in my office, so I couldn't do the usual Halloween make-up display either - Well, I could have, but I didn't want potential employees to feel immediately apprehensive about working for me before they're ever even offered the job. I thought I'd paint-up after my interviews were final, but my Popa-sahn is in town and we have dinner plans with him tonight after class at Mon Ami Gabi (yummmm). Yes, technically, I am a grown adult, BUHT I'm pouting nonetheless - dammit, darned adult responsibilities! it's HALLOWEEN!?! At what other time of the year do I ever have a perfectly legitimate excuse to paint my face and act like a goon all day long?
Tell me.

Otherwise, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Click on the punkies image for a larger view ~

5 comments:

Effie said...

Did you carve those pumpkins? Beautiful--really! And that's too bad--no Halloween makeup--that means you're going to have to make up for it by going overboard with Christmas decorations..... teehee!

Unknown said...

Sweetie, I paint my face and act like a goon all day long every day. ;)

Want some candy?

Ern said...

I bet you can come up with some other excuse. Let's see. I know! You could become a lunatic follower of a sports team; then you can paint your face and act like a goon all season long!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute kitty picture. Glad y'all had fun in LA

Amy said...

Great pumpkins charlie brown!
I want a Nevada day!