Monday, October 10, 2005

What the -Bleep-?!?

We watched a really, really good movie this weekend - thank you Mark!

It was soooo good - it touched upon soooo many things my honey-man and I have recently discussed, questioned, and wondered about together... relativity, internal energy, reiki, the power of attitude and thoughts upon the "physical," addictions, the pull of our past experiences and how they can shape/limit our ability to change or see new opportunities and/or reality. We were constantly (well, I was the guilty one) pausing the video to discuss or share thoughts on what was being said, or to rewind, trying to better digest what we were hearing. At some point, my honey-man turned to glance at me during a profound movie moment, and he had to put his hand beneath my chin to close my gaping mouth.

Sure, the movie has some hokey scenes (the BB court and the wedding dance goes on too long), BUT OVERALL, I wish EVERYONE would watch it! The only two things I DIDN'T LIKE weren't until the end - something happens (a slow-mo slam dunk of sorts) and the movie fails to clarify what is meant by it. The implications of the action are HUGE and entirely inappropriate when left unexplained. The movie is merely an introduction to quantum physics and various other ideas, but to then make such a gigantic, assumptive leap at the end? Very risky; almost offensive. Nevertheless, the movie has its merit and I recommend it highly. That is all.

2 comments:

Ern said...

Sounds interesting. Do they have it at Blockbuster/Hollywood Video type places?

Annejelynn said...

I would think so, but you could check online to see