Friday, June 24, 2005

SPF - It's mine now - Ain't ever - Eau de Annejelynn

According to Kristine and Susie, who's a lil' behind though today (hint, hint)...

#1Taken and never returned:
'MY' Nintendo ~ No, really - it's MINE! It was GIVEN to ME!

Remember these dinosaurs? the glorious days of Super Mario Brothers (can you hear the Mario Bros. game music playing right now? I can.) and Duck Hunt - which so rocked, didn't it? I loved Duck Hunt. (Notice: I still have my gun! can ya see it towards the back in that pic?)

When we got our first (my first and only) Nintendo, we had the remote controls with no cords. We initially thought it'd be the coolest, knowing the cords are pain in the ass. But big problems: when you're into your game and Mario needs to jump NOW dammit, jump RIGHT NOW OR YOU'LL DIE! JUMP! and your arms and hands are moving upward, mimicking a major Mario jump? ya know what I mean here? well, the system would lose the controls signal and Mario would fail to make the jump at all...and so you'd die. My brother learned the word "shit" because of this - not from me, but my father. So we gave up the overrated remote controls and finally got the control thingy you see above - and it totally sucks when it comes to
Tetris, because if you're not aiming perfectly left or right or perfectly straight up or down - doin' more of a diagonal move of the thumb on the circly controls thingy? it fails to make the move, since diagonal ain't an option in Tetris. I've adjusted my game, but the circly control still sucks. Excitebike had been my favorite until I got my hands on Tetris. In my eyes, nothing beats Tetris. Yes, I am THAT BIG OF A NERD.

Anyhow, I say it was 'given' to me and it was GIVEN to me when I left home for college - my brother (who was only 3 year old at the time) says I took it.... there have been several requests/demands for it's return, but since it's latest resurrection from the depths of my storage (since I went back to school for my MPA -
see May 17th post), Tetris occasionally helps me focus my nearly dead sense of sanity. Watching those pieces fall, placing them just so, trying to get past Level 16 without freaking out. Whether it be late at night or early, early mornings... Playing in Level 9 can soothe like nothing else - and it's way too fun to watch Otis and Owen stare at the TV screen, mesmerized, lil' heads titling back and forth to the side. Super cute.

When I was an undergrad, my roomies and I all chipped in $10 each per semester to rent a TV and VCR set up - we had no cable, no reception, but plenty of VHS tapes - one roomie's sister faithfully sent us recordings of the Simpsons and Seinfeld on a monthly basis. And we needed it, stuck up there in Rexburg, Idaho. Anyhow, we wanted the TV to PLAY TETRIS. No joke. We had house rules too: No playing below Level 9. And we had a dry erase board tracking everyone's total lines (starting from Level 9 only, of course). Suzanne was the champion, playing as high as LEVEL 21 (did you KNOW there's a Level 21?!?), 211 lines. My personal best is Level 18, 186 lines. No joke. People would come over to play Tetris. Various boyfriends had their records written on the Tetris board. We all have a GAZILLION pictures of people sitting around the front room watching whomever was playing Tetris at the time. We had a low rise folding chair in which one could sit, close to the floor in front of the TV to play the blessed Tetris. I have at least a couple dozen different photos in which a group's posing for the shot, and in the background you can see someone in the Tetris zone, playing like a madman. Yup, Tetris.

#2 Given to me and left unopened
~ AIN'T NEVER GUNNA USE THESE ~

Acquired these babies quite recently, last weekend at the CineVegas Film Festival, but I already know that they're gunna go unused: #1 - I don't need them, #2 - I don't want them, #3 - being that they glow in the dark, one toss of the hand and Owen would be all over 'em = sex dice would become kitty toy.

#3 My parfume ~ Eau de Annejelynn

Found this wonderful, wonderful stuff while wandering the glorious aisles of the Sephora in Times Square. THAT PLACE IS FREAKIN' HUUUGE! And it was love ~ I adore Hanae Mori's 'Butterfly' - either the pink or blue. It's nummy nummy stuff.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Very nice stuff. I was of the "pong" generation. If you have to ask, don't. All these fragrances people have, that I haven't heard of. Nice bottle, though. My STUFF is up now, miss bossypants!

Heff said...

Give 'at dang kid bak his damm Nintittio !! Haven't you guys heard of classic video game emulation by now ?

Me said...

I loved the old Nintendo! I was hoping they'd bring it back so I could go get it!!! I was addicted to Mario...I think I may have actually won it a few times :)

Elizabeth said...

I heart Sephora

Random and Odd said...

Tetris! Duckhunt! MARIO BROTHERS!
you have wormed your way into my heart!!

We went through like 4 guns during our Duck Hunt days!!

How about Arknoid?? best. game. EVER.