Friday, June 17, 2005

SPF - What the? - I Have to - and No one but me...

Alrighty now - I had no real time to prepare for this, so I'm winging it while at work (evil snicker re: my wickedly weird alliteration there) - what was that? anyhow, let's move on...

#1 "What was I thinking?" For this one, the first thing that came to mind is a time when I totally failed to practice some self-control while dating a guy who liked to do nothing but eat out, late 2002, into early 2003. Ever heard of "happy fat?" Well, it became sorely resented and UNHAPPY fat, including UNHAPPY stretch marks! If I could, I'd offer a picture of my stretch marks - and I could, but I WILL NOT do this to you - or to me! They're not horrific, but every time I catch a glimpse of 'em, I think - 'WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?" As for that guy? When I told him I wanted to lose the weight I'd gained, he took issue with it - didn't want me going to the gym, working out in front of other guys?!? and there was a whole 'nuthah group of issues this guy had. Yes, I dumped him. *UPDATE* The aforementioned fellow is the not-so-anonymous Mr. T.R. ~ see my open letter to him that was posted here, February 8th, '06.

#2 Something I'm obligated to keep:

I hate using a typewriter. Hate it. I'd rather write everything out by hand, than use a damn typewriter.
CLARIFICATION: It's not that I have nothing to use but a typewriter - it's that my workplace still insists on using those NCR forms that must be prepared using only a typewriter.

#3 Something I think no one else owns:

Ain't no one got this but me - I made it when I first moved here, post-divorce. I worked on it for several weeks...while avoiding real life responsibilities. UPDATE: There were some questions as to what this is exactly. It's only an 8.5" x 11" piece of bonded card stock paper on which I created this free-hand drawn design - no pre-drawing with pencil or anything whatsoever (can ya tell I'm proud of that tidbit fact?) - using colored gel-ink roller ball pens. I later tried to make the colors more solid/brighter with water-based inks. The picture here fails to show how bright the colors are. I have a color copy in my office and the original is kept at home. Posted by Hello

9 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, Annejelynn, I could tell you some stretch mark stories...

Typewriter! Egad!

That thing you made, it is awesome. What is it? A painting? Something sewn?

PS. Did you notice in my stuff portrait day post that Lucy is wearing your favourite top again?

Candy said...

I love the painting and I must confess I have a soft spot for typewriters but I am thankful I dont have to use one every day!

Random and Odd said...

wow that is beautiful.

Ern said...

That is gorgeous. Did you do it by hand, or is it a computer thing? You're full of hidden talents!

Spurious Nurse said...

#3 is amazing, you talented thing!

Cat said...

What IS that? Besides AWESOME? A t-shirt? A painting? A tattoo? What?!

Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunshine said...

hi there. i like the typewriter and the state job lack-of-technology. we're lucky to have PCs but it needs upgrading..thanks for visiting my blog, simply-livin.blogspot =) see u again. p.s. i read you're taking mpa. i also took that and just graduated this year =)

Anonymous said...

My ex-girlfriend made me a drawing just like that for Valentine's Day. I had it up in my office for about 1 month until we broke up. I was surprised myself that something that seemed so genuine at the time just shattered to pieces less than one month later. I ended up giving it back, but she had already made a copy for herself. It was very impressive, I thought it was an original until now, she must have copied it from you. I wish I still had it to remember her by, but I have nothing but her memory now which is probably for the better anyhow.