Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Totally Inhumane 'To-Do' Lists

I've recently discovered that it's not at all uncommon to suffer from a particular condition... Not unlike many thousands of others out there, I am an avid creator of completely and totally, inhumanely unrealistic, irrational 'to-do' lists. Here's the current 'running list' created nearly a week ago: (it's written on my bathroom vanity mirror in green overhead pen

Oil change, car wash and tire rotation
Vacuum/wash car floormats
Clean out car trunk
Organize bathroom cabinets
De-junk the kitchen junk drawer
Clean fan blades (preparing for hot hellish days of Vegas summer to come)
Clean fish tank -
new filters
Clean out fridge and pantry
Detrash the coat closet
Wash/Put away bedroom quilt - gettin' to warm for it
Stretch 2nd baby quilt @ aunt Rad's
Dinner w/ Helen - collect her MS pledge $$
Lunch w/ Loren - return his Aero bed (totally forgot to give it to him!?!)
Dinner w/ Chandra & Simon
Make plans with Jane
Finish Poppy's frame for Matthew
See baby GABE again!!!
Babysit Alina again B4 month's end
Make onesies for babies and bubbling toddlers: Alina, Gabe, Kolby, the Twins, the J-Z boys, and Leta
Misc. Mending: hem honey's khakis, my new pink shirt, alter nightshirt and yoga pants (2)
Take in yellow dress bodice - makes me look FAT
Update Vegas photo albums
Clean patio and washer closet
Use up the asparagus and mushrooms, pronto
NEED SHAMPOO!
Buy bananas and yogi for my beau
Finish package for beau's QT boy-O (cutest 6 yr old in the world)
Complete Summer term registration - 4/19
Send RSVP for Steph's wedding
Send b-day cards:
Grams, Angela, Sarah
Finish 16 page paper for PUA 718 - due 4/20
Wrap up statistics layout and change litter boxes B4 leaving town Friday
PACK!!! you must pack! and gas up the car!
Sister's BYU graduation - 4/22
Gifts for sistah's grad and Vicki's b-day
Call Kim, Martens, Marcus, Melis, Grams, Gma Joanie, Barbara, Brin, Suzanne, Vicky, Helen and Loren
Email back: Rebecca, Johanna, Jane, Korose, Mikal, Sherri, Mitch
Email Vickie 'bout her summer plans
(yes, this is the 3rd use of "Vicky" - each one is a different person)
MUST Finish incompletes -due May 9

Email PUA profs for PUA 701 and 713
Pay TUITION for summer by May 15th

The stuff written in blue has been 'done' - and soooo, I must now quit THIS and continue working to finish my damn paper.

Can't. avoid. it. any. longer.

Repeat to myself: I will NOT stay up past 2:30AM again.

And repeat...

7 comments:

Joseph said...

Okay...seriously, you've got to be kidding with this right?

I suppose I could learn a thing or two here. lol!!!

I just call mine my 'honey do' list and he does it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap sister! I would lose it if I had to see that list everyday. I prefer to deal with things by ignoring them until the very last minute and THEN having my nervous breakdown. :D

Daly said...

Gee! I was overwhelmed with exhaustion just from glancing through your list!

I have a solution.

Clone yourself.

...and repeat.

Dang Cold.. said...

Hey Sugar..

You are too busy for your own good but I'll bet its cute to watch you run around doing chores. I'll bet if you start to over do it your friends start chasing you around with a butterfly net just to get you to take a rest LOL!!

dc

Amy said...

Holy Crap, Annejelynn. Lists are scary, but that one is blood-curdling.

You take it easy, girl!

Susie said...

You need a break, girl. Come and see me, I took your suggestion:)

Spurious Nurse said...

Does anyone else besides me create lists like this, and then lose/forget/ignore them?

Does anyone else's list have 'see first list' on it?

Maybe we should start some sort of support group Annejelynn...