Thursday, April 28, 2005

Inspired by Torrie ~Bands I've Seen, AMMENDED

Mmkay, a couple years ago, I tried doing this in my own 'write-with-a-pen-on-paper journal', but I've been inspired by Torrie to post my semi-complete list of bands/artists I've seen, in no particular order. Originally posted 4.15.05 ~ Ammended 4.28.05 ~ and ammended once more...

George Clinton & the P-Funk - danced 'til my body ached
Tori Amos
- I love her spunk and her guts
Buddy Guy - AHH-MAY-ZING
Stabbing Westward - small, but had a totally bizarre stage set

Had missed those last three, now listed above this point...(how I could forget Tori!?! I dunno?!?)

Jane's Addiction - what a trip, sheesh!
Paul Simon - BEST one ever
Paul McCartney - may be the concert of my lifetime
Pink Floyd - absolutely at a 'loss for words'
Steve Miller Band - sand at the top of my lungs, honoring my father
Pat Benetar - god bless her
Bjorn Again - they WERE ABBA, I swear!
Cranberries - they were surprisingly good
Rasko - rastah man, it's allll jammin' baby
Baby Animals (Austrailian 80s band)
The Smoking Popes - beyond the name, utterly forgettable
Morrisey - love him, but big, big disasppointment; what a poser
Depeche Mode - (twice) I LOVE DM!
Alanis Morrisette - she was amazing, really
My Blood Valentine - another big flashback
The THE - way way way too depressing
Toad the Wet Sprocket - these guys are such cutie pie nerds - I love them
Kid Rock - I laughed like craysee the entire show
Powerman 5000 - they've got their image down pat
Maceo Parker and All the Kings Men - these guys know how to enjoy life
Jason Mraz - he was so, so, so DAMN CUTE!
Van Halen - sloshed around in spilt beer from beginning to end
- helped a woman find her dropped watch = she kissed me
Journey - I will not apologize; they totally rock
Sarah Brightman - constant goosebumps
Gin Blossoms - surprisingly, they had the most brutal mosh pit
Celine Dion - most recent and don't even like her; went w/ my sistah...
- I MUST SAY, Celine was fabulous!!! she made me cry!?
Joan Osbourne - she is so cool
Sarah McLachlan - this woman speaks to me
Dar Williams - what a delightfully witty woman
Ani DiFranco - I love this woman
Dixie Chicks - they were awesome!
Michelle Branch - very talented; quite impressive
Lisa Loeb - sweet lil' crooner
Paula Cole - amazing performer = she kicked ass
Cowboy Junkies - one big flashback to NICMO days (not mine) at Ricks College
Tim McGraw - he was soooooo grrreat - yummy too
Sevendust - hell yeah!
Cypress Hill - tolerable for only so long
System of a Down - lost my voice from screaming
P.O.D. - deep down, they're nothing but mush; they don't fool me
Jerry Cantrell - too cool
Rob Zombie - made it onstage, lost both my shoes (miraculously, I got them back)
Marilyn Manson - most entertaining (shhh! family don't know about this one)

I still haven't yet, but hope to someday see: India Arie, The Chieftans, The Cure, Dave Matthew's Band (so many missed chances - I could kick myself), Doobie Brothers (if they ever go on tour), Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Indigo Girls, Lenny Kravitz, Madonna (probably won't ever, w/ her prices), No Doubt, Sting, U2. . .
I could go on and on and on, but I won't.

6 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Annejelynn, I don't know you, but I feel I may never speak to you again. You see, you've seen bands I haven't seen and well...I just don't think I can continue to speak to you out of pure jealousy.

I hope you can forgive me.

I. Am. Weak. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you saw Maceo. And hell yeah, Journey rules.

Torrie said...

I can not even tell you how jelous I am. Also, I just realized that I didn't have a link for you on my blog. I will fix that.

Closet Metro said...

I am entirely jealous (but I have seen three of the bands on your "hope to" list.) Maceo Parker is currently in Prince's band. He needs to be on your list, dammit!

ieatcrayonz said...

You must see DMB. They are absolutely fabulous live.

Amy said...

Man, you have been around, girl! Great list, and the comments just take it up uno notcho.
The only band I have seen that you haven't is The Romantics. I know, big deal. But this list made me feel very inferior and i gotta have something...