Monday, November 24, 2008

Tap Dancin' Baby!

We had our second appointment for our second '2nd level' sonogram with the perinatal doctor today, and it was a WONDERFUL appointment! First of all, our baby sweet potato girl had her heart officially checked and scanned, and she passed with flying colors! WOO-HOO! A Perfect heart test! And she's managed to gain 11 ounces since our last dr. appointment only 4 weeks ago, now weighing a full pound, plus 6 oz., AND she's grown over 4 inches, now measuring a foot long!?! She's totally to chart for her volume and fluids, and even a lil' ahead of the game for her size.

At one point, nearing the end of our appointment, I spoke up: So, if I'm not mistaken here, her having only 2 cord vessels hasn't hindered her growth in any way thus far. Is that right?

The doctor chuckled loudly and reassured us that she's growing as if those 2 instead of 3 cord vessels aren't a problem at all ~ Our baby is growin' like a lil' weed, quite strong, very active and perfectly healthy thus far. Today's a very happy day!

P.S. Oh yeah! The post title is a reference to my last night... When we got up this morning, I told my honey man that allll night long, while trying to sleep on my left side, it felt like the baby was standing up in there, tap dancing on the mattress, thumping her head toward the ceiling. Well, come to find out at our appointment this morning, we saw that she's currently positioned horizontally, her head to the right of my stomach, and her feet on the left side, kicking away!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am so happy that that Tap Dancin Princess is growing like a weed. I am planning to go to Vegas sometime in the spring to see your sweet baby and you. Loves!!!