Monday, October 13, 2008

It's Potty Time!

BE FOREWARNED: This post will touch upon the subject of my new found pregnancy bathroom habits.

Driving to and from Yellowstone over the weekend before last has brought about a new discovery... I can't go that long without needing a bathroom break. For the sake of comparison (and I know you really want to know these kinds of details), in the past, for the average 6 hr-long car trip, all I need is one bathroom stop whenever I stop to fill up the gas tank. [SEMI-RELATED TANGENT: I don't like to keep driving on car trips with anything less than a quarter of a tank. END OF TANGENT]

Our drive to Yellowstone from Vegas, we stopped along the way in Bear Lake, ID, to stay with my Grams, and it took us 9 hours to get there. I didn't actually count how many times we stopped, but it was more than twice, maybe 4 times. While at Yellowstone, we found ourselves often seeking out a bathroom stop, and jokes were made. Well, on our way home to Vegas from Yellowstone, making the long drive in one day, the drive should have taken us no more than 13 hours. Well, it took us FIFTEEN hours because I had to stop every 1 to 2 hours... Yes, it took 15 hours, cuz we had to stop EIGHT different times, so I could relieve my wimpy bladder?!? It was ridiculous!

And my honey-man? He never once complained... he only laughed about it (a lot), and at least a couple times, he mused aloud that if anyone were to ask him what he remembered most about his first trip to Yellowstone, he would say it was my weak bladder.

No comments: